Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
1700442964218.png

732fe1903f72012141fa4d0c7649616a.gif

Last edited:

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
They are playing good hockey, for the most part.

On paper they're a better team than last year. They're also proving that on the ice. Not sure it's sustainable, but they've generally earned their wins.
Just waiting for tank commander Risto and 1st lieutankent Staal to take the ice. Would be surprised if the winning ways continue with them

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
We will see once Staal and Risto are in the lineup that this is not sustainable

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
So to recap
The season after "aggressively retooling" = an unwatchable disaster
The season after accepting a rebuild = actually kinda fun

We will see once Staal and Risto are in the lineup that this is not sustainable
I am not convinced that replacing Belpedio with Risto wouldn't at least be a lateral move. But yes Staal is about as cooked as Yandle was and the on-ice product will objectively be worse once he gets playing time again.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So to recap
The season after "aggressively retooling" = an unwatchable disaster
The season after accepting a rebuild = actually kinda fun

I am not convinced that replacing Belpedio with Risto wouldn't at least be a lateral move. But yes Staal is about as cooked as Yandle was and the on-ice product will objectively be worse once he gets playing time again.

It's hard to cover for something like Staal playing between 1/4 to 1/3 of a game.

Reactions: Canfly and BiggE

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You don't trade for Provorov and sign and trade for Severson if you are tanking. They are just incompetent. And I think the new coach is in over his head.
Well they are, but they also should’ve been fired when the whole Babcock stuff happened. That was the moment they should’ve realized these guys are out of their depth. But they didn’t. What we see was the most likely scenario at least, and it has come to pass. To continue to accept this is a tacit admission that losing games this season very quickly became the priority. These two franchises are Freaky Friday’ed this year, we should be 4-11-1.

Reactions: BernieParent

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
TK snipe was nasty

Definitely. That was sick.

Walker was an absolute stud except for that one play. It’s shocking how good he is.

Unreal. People keep talking about getting rid of him but he’s anchoring a second pair no matter who plays with him. Dudes legit. Unless a first comes back, I keep him and drop Staal, Belpedio etc for next year.

Zemula was great today as well.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
It is nice to see us playing beyond all expectations but for the life of me, I still do not really trust our coach when he benches people like Brink and Frost whom have been playing well....man oh man...if we end up giving up Frost for peanuts, I will be livid....

Reactions: BernieParent

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Unreal. People keep talking about getting rid of him but he’s anchoring a second pair no matter who plays with him. Dudes legit. Unless a first comes back, I keep him and drop Staal, Belpedio etc for next year.
On Snow the Goalie's morning wrap-up following the Carolina win a few days ago, Russ Joy was talking about trading Sean Walker for a 3rd round pick at the trade deadline.

Are you f'ing kidding me? A 3rd round pick? For a RH defenseman playing this well? There can't be a more underrated defenseman in the league right now than Walker. And neither ASF nor Bundy offered any resistance.

If they don't get a 1st round pick, forget it. And they should be trying to extend Walker first and foremost.

The fact that he has an under-the-radar name shouldn't mean more than his play on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad