Post-Game Talk: 18/19 Endless boilerplate arguments regarding Management thread | Pt. V. Oil up your mouse wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
It may accomplish two things: cause him to be more defensively aware and maybe shoot the puck more rather than looking to make cutesy plays with more talented line mates.
Just guessing though, not and expert here like you guys
And we all know that excessive Kool-aid rots the brain.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So with goldobin on the 4th line tonight does anyone of the benning bros want to defend the reasoning behind that?

Eriksson on the first and goldobin on the 4th as per the lineup in the gdt

This is the sort of thing you look at the coach for, not the GM. And even then it's not really that big a deal for one game, it's not like Goldobin has been scoring and it could be Green wants to either balance the lines and/or out or try to give Eriksson a jump start.

It's just really not anything worth getting pitchfork out over. The start of last season when Boeser was benched was worse, but that only ended up being for 2 games. Green may not be the best coach but he isn't as 'insane' as Desjardins was.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
"completely debunked by the source"? I think you mean Jeff Marek walked his comments back after they blew up in his face? That's not exactly snopes-calibre debunking, more like ass-covering 101.
He explicitly said he hadn't been talking about Juolevi, and there was never any indication it was more likely to be Juolevi that it was to be any of dozens of other prospects.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
The comic is not claiming they were true, it is taking note of the fact the rumors circulated in the first place since it was pertinent to video games and the supposed distraction they can cause.
And ITS A CARTOON......if I want facts I go..well...I could....then there's...no ...oh ferk it. I'll get my info from Jyrki21 cartoons. About as reliable as most.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
He explicitly said he hadn't been talking about Juolevi, and there was never any indication it was more likely to be Juolevi that it was to be any of dozens of other prospects.

Yes, he did say that. It doesn't mean anything. He's an entertainer who said something that offended his bosses, he has every motivation to just say whatever to make it go away, and no consequences for lying. Nothing about his comments debunked anything, the rumour was and is just a rumour. And a hilarious one at that!

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Yes, he did say that. It doesn't mean anything. He's an entertainer who said something that offended his bosses, he has every motivation to just say whatever to make it go away, and no consequences for lying. Nothing about his comments debunked anything, the rumour was and is just a rumour. And a hilarious one at that!
If you always automatically believe whatever plausible interpretation of the facts best suits your existing beliefs rather than evaluating them dispassionately, you'll end up believing lots of things that aren't true.

Reactions: Hollywood Burrows

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
The comic is not claiming they were true, it is taking note of the fact the rumors circulated in the first place since it was pertinent to video games and the supposed distraction they can cause.
So in the comic, Green is aware of the rumours and cobcerned by them but not aware that Marek specifically said they weren't about Juolevi? That doesn't make any sense.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The only explanation that should be acceptable for the current defensive unit is intentional tanking.

Anything else should cost people jobs.

Reactions: LordBacon

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
So in the comic, Green is aware of the rumours and cobcerned by them but not aware that Marek specifically said they weren't about Juolevi? That doesn't make any sense.

Have you ever watched or read a cartoon before? I'm thinking the trouble you're having here is your lack of understanding for what a cartoon is. Either that or you're intentionally being obtuse.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Have you ever watched or read a cartoon before? I'm thinking the trouble you're having here is your lack of understanding for what a cartoon is. Either that or you're intentionally being obtuse.
The cartoon itself is lighthearted, but it's referencing an outside narrative in a way that is lazy and inaccurate, and parallels identical lazy and inaccurate references to it that are common here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad