GDT: #18 - 11/17/14 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
This Tampa Bay model is extremely solid... For the regular season.

They have a pretty solid 1st line. They play team offense/defense that leads to a full effort forecheck, creating plenty of great opportunities. When they capture a lead they have an influx of players that specialize in protecting leads. They have a solid defense and an unbelievably solid goaltender.

In terms of playoffs - this model becomes slightly more difficult. Teams will focus more on containing their first line, which will severely limit their offense, and expose their defense as they push the envelope a little bit more offensively to try and score w/ lesser lines.

Exactly.

Shutting down Stamkos is a big if but if he is, goodnight season. Top-9 Rookies and sophomores don't lead teams to deep runs if the star is shut down.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
So Gudas is allowed to interfere with Moore for a good 10 seconds, and we get called for a slash at the other end. Sounds about right.

And John Moore is braindead. I'm tired of hearing about his tools, the guy flat out sucks.

BarbaraAlphanse

Exactly.

Shutting down Stamkos is a big if but if he is, goodnight season. Top-9 Rookies and sophomores don't lead teams to deep runs if the star is shut down.

The danger with having 1 star player is that he can get Ovechkin'd pretty easily in the playoffs.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm really losing my patience for these kind of games. Maybe I was pampered by the Torts years and the second half of last season, but for a good stretch of a few years I could at least count on the Rangers playing hard and putting it all out there on a nightly basis.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'm really losing my patience for these kind of games. Maybe I was pampered by the Torts years and the second half of last season, but for a good stretch of a few years I could at least count on the Rangers playing hard and putting it all out there on a nightly basis.

At least those torts teams showed up. This team looks like they want nothing more than to leave the building.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
What I don't get about the Stralman thing is why there was no communication at all from the Rangers (at least according to Stralman). I mean, I could understand it more if the Rangers had a last/best and said take it or leave it (like, let's say 5Y x 4M) and Stralman walked. But, it seems like the Rangers didn't even do that.

I get the Boyle acquisition with Richards having to go elsewhere and no PP QB - I guess they felt that Stralman wasn't that guy. Clearly, that was a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad