Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #18 - 11/17/2014

vs
(12-4-2) ____________ (7-6-4)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, TVA, SN1, SUN

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; TBL@NYR 1/14/14 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - LIGHTNING.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE:

novemberschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I look at the whole game itself, not just the last 30 seconds. It’s unfortunate I made that mistake on the second goal. It kind of turned things around for us.
I’m not too happy with myself. It was a stupid thing. We left a point out there. It’s unfortunate.
- Dan Boyle

You’re thinking you’re having the two points and you relax and you just enjoy that moment.
Then you have to go back on the ice and you have everything to lose and they have everything to win in that situation so it’s definitely frustration.
- Henrik Lundqvist

It was certainly entertaining to say the least. Both teams competed real hard. Both teams had some good looks.
The goaltending was phenomenal on both sides and, for a moment, we thought we won it in a shootout and they finally did. That’s hockey.
Half the guys had their sweaters off. Half the sticks were packed. It wasn’t a real goal. It was the right call. We had to come back and they won.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 18 | GF | 66
W | 12 | GA | 48
L | 4 | GF/G | 3.61
OTL | 2 | GA/G | 2.56
Pts | 26 | PIM/G | 9.9
HOME | 7-2-1 | PP% | 23.8
AWAY | 5-2-1 | PK% | 81.4
STREAK | W1 | FO% | 50.6

Division | 2nd
Conference | 2nd
League | 2nd

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Steven Stamkos | 11 Assists | Tyler Johnson| 13 Points | Johnson, Stamkos | 19 + / - | Anton Stralman | +13 Shots | Steven Stamkos | 62 Hits | Radko Gudas | 54 Blocks | Matt Carle | 29 PIM | Radko Gudas | 26 FO% | Valtteri Filppula | 53.6 TOI/G F: | Steven Stamkos | 20:33 TOI/G D: | Anton Stralman | 22:36

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Valtteri Filppula (A) | Steven Stamkos (C) | Ryan Callahan
Ondrej Palat (A) | Tyler Johnson | Nikita Kucherov
Jonathan Drouin | Vladislav Namestnikov | Alex Killorn
Brenden Morrow | Brian Boyle | Cedric Paquette

LD | RD
Anton Stralman | Matt Carle
Jason Garrison | Radko Gudas
Mark Barberio | Andrej Sustr

Scratched
Eric Brewer|
J.T. Brown|

STARTING GOALIE:

BishopBen2.png

Ben Bishop

GPI: 15 | W: 10 | L: 2 | OT: 2 | PIM: 2
SV% .918 | GAA: 2.34 | SA: 429 | GA: 35 | SO: 3

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Brett Connolly | Lower body (DTD)
Victor Hedman | Hand (IR)
Mattias Ohlund | Knee (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 17 | GF | 49
W | 7 | GA | 53
L | 6 | GF/G | 2.82
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.88
Pts | 18 | PIM/G | 11.4
HOME | 5-3-3 | PP% | 14.3
AWAY | 2-3-1 | PK% | 80.4
STREAK | OT2 | FO% | 47.7

Division | 3rd
Conference | 9th
League | 19th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 12 Assists | Derick Brassard | 8 Points | Rick Nash | 19 + / - | Rick Nash | +5 Shots | Rick Nash | 65 Hits | Tanner Glass | 54 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 45 PIM | Chris Kreider | 40 FO% | Derick Brassard | 53.4 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 18:50 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 25:47

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Martin St. Louis (A)
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Anthony Duclair
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | Lee Stempniak

LD | RD
Marc Staal | Dan Boyle
John Moore | Dan Girardi (A)
Matt Hunwick | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Jesper Fast|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 14 | W: 7 | L: 4 | OT: 3 | PIM: 0
SV% .916 | GAA: 2.51 | SA: 415 | GA: 35 | SO: 3

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Ryan McDonagh | Shoulder (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Callahan just seems very bitter about the whole thing. We offered more money than he ended up getting from Tampa, but got stuck on the NMC. Good for him getting what he wanted from another team, but there's only so much you should pay for a heart-and-soul 2/3 RW who can't stay healthy and disappears in the playoffs. It sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

It was pretty widely reported that Boyle wanted a bigger role on the team, so I don't know why he's so surprised that negotiations stalled. I still would rather have him at $2M/3 than the $1.5M/3 that Glass ended up getting, but he didn't want to play on the 4th line anymore, and that's on him.

Stralman just looked to be a case of management going in another direction, choosing a more offensive player in Dan Boyle, who also happens to have a much shorter term contract. A little slimy that the front office didn't convey this to Stralman, but they were probably just keeping their options open. I remember reading that the Rangers were surprised when Dan Boyle expressed interest in coming here, and that might have changed the plan and left Stralman out in the cold, so to speak.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Let's hope like this ends up like the Vancouver game from last year with a Kreider hat trick (seriously the kid is due a goal) and solid player from everyone.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Will be there with my Callahan jersey on.

Feeling a win. The guys are going to play angry after Saturday's ********.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Duclair will be in for Fast...

“@NYRangers: At #NYR morning skate Anthony Duclair skating in line rushes with Kevin Hayes and Carl Hagelin..had been healthy scratch three straight”

“@NYRangers: Lee Stempniak taking line rushes with Dom Moore and Tanner Glass. #NYR”

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Callahan just seems very bitter about the whole thing. We offered more money than he ended up getting from Tampa, but got stuck on the NMC. Good for him getting what he wanted from another team, but there's only so much you should pay for a heart-and-soul 2/3 RW who can't stay healthy and disappears in the playoffs. It sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

It was pretty widely reported that Boyle wanted a bigger role on the team, so I don't know why he's so surprised that negotiations stalled. I still would rather have him at $2M/3 than the $1.5M/3 that Glass ended up getting, but he didn't want to play on the 4th line anymore, and that's on him.

Stralman just looked to be a case of management going in another direction, choosing a more offensive player in Dan Boyle, who also happens to have a much shorter term contract. A little slimy that the front office didn't not convey this to Stralman, but they were probably just keeping their options open. I remember reading that the Rangers were surprised when Dan Boyle expressed interest in coming here, and that might have changed the plan and left Stralman out in the cold, so to speak.

The most frustrating thing is that, yes they wanted to get a PPqb and offensive dman in Boyle, but we could be had that player all along in Stralman. It's puzzling why neither Torts nor AV gave any pp time to the right handed Stralman. Perhaps we could've locked him up long term and he could've been the right handed dman on the PP we were missing.

With Boyle, he ended up as 4th line center in TB anyway. And I agree it's not even close I'd rather have Boyle at 2 even more than 2 over Glass at 1.5.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The most frustrating thing is that, yes they wanted to get a PPqb and offensive dman in Boyle, but we could be had that player all along in Stralman. It's puzzling why neither Torts nor AV gave any pp time to the right handed Stralman. Perhaps we could've locked him up long term and he could've been the right handed dman on the PP we were missing.

With Boyle, he ended up as 4th line center in TB anyway. And I agree it's not even close I'd rather have Boyle at 2 even more than 2 over Glass at 1.5.

Didn't Stralman get a look at being a ppqb but got taken off by Torts?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Duclair will be in for Fast...

“@NYRangers: At #NYR morning skate Anthony Duclair skating in line rushes with Kevin Hayes and Carl Hagelin..had been healthy scratch three straightâ€

“@NYRangers: Lee Stempniak taking line rushes with Dom Moore and Tanner Glass. #NYRâ€

Now take Glass out and put FAST in and we have something!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
@HartnettHockey: #NYR winger Carl Hagelin on facing former teammate and Swedish pal Anton Stralman tonight: "The plan is to make his game miserable tonight."

I hope the rest of the team has this mentality tonight.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He has 2P in 15GP in Hartford, he's not getting called up.

I thought he should have made the team out of camp, but the guy hasn't done anything to help himself in Hartford.

But how has he looked defensively? He's a big body who could help forecheck and cycle efficiently. He also has pretty solid hands, which I'm sure could help him contribute somewhat at the NHL level

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Big test tonight.

Don't get distracted by all of the BS sub-plots, these guys are no longer relevant to the cause. They are just the opposition.

No longer worth discussing really.

Two big points. Need them.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
But how has he looked defensively? He's a big body who could help forecheck and cycle efficiently. He also has pretty solid hands, which I'm sure could help him contribute somewhat at the NHL level

I don't disagree with you, but I still don't think he's getting a call anytime soon.

AV has said multiple times that when he needs to call up a player, he talks to Schoenfeld and Gernander and asks which player is playing the best in the role that he needs.

Like it or not, those players making a noticeable positive impact are going to get called up first. It's alot easier to call up an Oscar Lindberg, who has 12P in 15GP, or J.T. Miller (13P 15GP), than it is to call up Hrivik with a paltry 2P.

sickboy35

Jun 4, 2002
trenton
Visit site
Bishop freakin kills us! I miss Big Brian but no way worth 6 million, Strals should be here instead of the other Boyle and be good to see Cally but no love lost.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Bishop kills us because we don't have anyone that shoots especially well off the pass. With big goalies like Bishop, you need to make them move laterally. If they have time to square up, you're left with almost nothing to shoot at.

Our best shooters off the pass are probably MSL and Dan Boyle, two players we didn't have the last time we faced Bishop. Maybe he'll look a little more human this time.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I hope they can get to Bishop quickly. I could be mistaken but i believe he usually plays very well against us.
Nice to see the Duke back in the lineup. I know he makes some mistakes and has a lot to learn but he creates more balance in the lineup then having Fast in the lineup. I know we complain about Glass but AV is obviously not benching him anytime soon so with Moore and Stepniak on the 4th line its now a decent 4th line. Just hope that third line meshes and AV gives them a chance.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
While people are quick to say that Glass's 1.5m vs. Boyle's 2m is bad, they are exactly right.

However compare Boyle's 2m with Stempniak + Hayes 1.8mil combined. Looks helluva a lot better.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Real nice test for the boys tonight. They've played well against top competition all year, it's those "middling" teams that have given us problems. Go figure. Playing to your competition.

I mean, we all know TB is going to dominate the possession game when Stralman is on the ice, hopefully we can keep Nash away from that Norris winning d-man. Just having fun with everyone, relax

Want a couple of points out of Kreider tonight, since he's been kept off the scoresheet recently.

LGR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
While people are quick to say that Glass's 1.5m vs. Boyle's 2m is bad, they are exactly right.

However compare Boyle's 2m with Stempniak + Hayes 1.8mil combined. Looks helluva a lot better.

True but i still cant believe sather gave Glass that much. Hes not worth more than 800k yearly.
I am sure if he looked hard he could have found another 4th line grinder for a million or under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->