GDT: #18 – Sabres at Wild – Thu Nov 13, 8:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WBEN

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Wait...Hodgson has 6:23 of ice time lmao

less than Kaleta

Stewart - Stafford - Hodgson were benched in the 1st after Stafford's penalty, none of them saw another shift until ~9 something left in the 2nd. Since then Stafford has slowly gotten back into the mix of lines while Stewart & Hodgson have had 2 shifts each.

Dunno what the coach expected - putting Stafford out there as the center with 2 practices in the spot, and none actually with his new wingers. But then I don't know what Nolan expects of guys if they're sitting cold for 10-15mins btwn shifts.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I'm convinced Ristolainen is going to be everything Myers already is, and much more.

Would a Gorges - Risto pairing speed up / help Ristolainen's development? I might be ready to move on from Myers if so.

GerbeSonOfGloin

May 27, 2011
We're still losing, but I actually like this team. I like the Risto&Zads-led, 25+ shot shooting, having-some-semblance-of-regularly-producing-forwards (Ennis, Stafford, and Girgs) incarnation of this team.

During the depths of our 12-shot shooting rut last month, I feared that would be the norm for the entire season, and I just didn't like that team. Cheered for them, if you can call it that, out of weary habit more than anything.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Zadorov +3. I know +/- is a tricky thing, but it's gotta be a few standard deviations to go +3 in a game you lose 6-3.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I'm convinced Ristolainen is going to be everything Myers already is, and much more.

Would a Gorges - Risto pairing speed up / help Ristolainen's development? I might be ready to move on from Myers if so.

No. Let Risto continue to develop while Myers does the heavy lifting, at least this year. Slow and steady, he's now seeing special teams time.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
Yea, it was a good overall possession, and the set up to moulson off the initial faceoff was a good play.

But his awareness of spacing and movement is terrible. His individualism is flashy though, so it looks nice.

On that PP, he fought for pucks, won them and distributed well. It was nice to see some possession. It's been few and far between, but it was a powerplay. These players are all Sabres, I'll feel free to root for them how I please, thanks.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
On that PP, he fought for pucks, won them and distributed well. It was nice to see some possession. It's been few and far between, but it was a powerplay. These players are all Sabres, I'll feel free to root for them how I please, thanks.

+1 :yo:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Stewart - Stafford - Hodgson were benched in the 1st after Stafford's penalty, none of them saw another shift until ~9 something left in the 2nd. Since then Stafford has slowly gotten back into the mix of lines while Stewart & Hodgson have had 2 shifts each.

Dunno what the coach expected - putting Stafford out there as the center with 2 practices in the spot, and none actually with his new wingers. But then I don't know what Nolan expects of guys if they're sitting cold for 10-15mins btwn shifts.

First period out shot 20-5.

2nd period we outshoot Minny 15-11

In the 3rd it was 8-8

Hardly any ice for Hodgson, Benoit and Stewart after the first. Hmmm..........

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
First period out shot 20-5.

2nd period we outshoot Minny 15-11

In the 3rd it was 8-8

Hardly any ice for Hodgson, Benoit and Stewart after the first. Hmmm..........

But this is why most of the analytics guys track only Fenwick Close and Corsi Close: score affects the way teams play. Generally, teams' possession numbers plummet once they get up at least two goals. But little victories, I suppose.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
But this is why most of the analytics guys track only Fenwick Close and Corsi Close: score affects the way teams play. Generally, teams' possession numbers plummet once they get up at least two goals. But little victories, I suppose.

Come on, really? With this team?

Minny is one of the best possession teams in the league. It's beyond splitting hairs to go to fenwick and corsi close.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Come on, really? With this team?

Minny is one of the best possession teams in the league. It's beyond splitting hairs to go to fenwick and corsi close.

True, but do you really think the wild were taking the game serious after the second period. They allowed Buffalo possession and shots as long as they were on the outside and not good scoring chances. That will raise corsi/fenwick. If the game was 3-2 I doubt MIN would have let off the gas and the numbers would have been closer to those of the first.

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
I went to the game tonight and saw this team up close and personal, there are some good pieces here, but few and far between. The biggest disappointment I saw was Gionta, he's just a shell of the player he once was and doesn't carry the puck into the zone anymore. He's not skating with any passion at all and quite frankly, I hate to see the young kids on this team learn from his laziness. There must be someone in Rochester that can take his roster spot because it is time to cut the cancer before it spreads.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Gionta has played a whole 18 games with the Sabres and more importantly he's under contract for two more seasons and he has an NMC. He's going nowhere

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00