Speculation: 17 NHL Scouts at Grand Rapids/Texas game tonight

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Detroit prospect pipeline isn't what it used to be so I doubt most will be there to scout griffins players as that would indicate Detroit would be buyers of sorts unless Holland is finally trying to swing a major hockey trade

Have to imagine it's Dallas who is looking to rebound from last season and currently sitting in a playoff spot with some holes in the lineup. Imagine it's Dallas active on the phone lines offering prospects as trade pieces

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Probably for Dallas. What NHL contract players are playing in the game?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Scouts?
maxresdefault.jpg

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Not sure who'd they be scouting from Detroit, Possible only decent pieces the Wings might've prospect wise is either Svechnikov or Hronek and i doubt either of them are being scouted probably has to do with Dallas i would think.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think NHL scouts are like a fraternity and they probably like scheduling games together so they can all hang out, maybe compare notes and have dinner & a beer afterwards.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I think NHL scouts are like a fraternity and they probably like scheduling games together so they can all hang out, maybe compare notes and have dinner & a beer afterwards.
I agree. I was recently talking to a scout who said something similar. "Hey I was at a game and ran across so and so - you remember him!" I didn't but that's beside the point.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Not sure who'd they be scouting from Detroit, Possible only decent pieces the Wings might've prospect wise is either Svechnikov or Hronek and i doubt either of them are being scouted probably has to do with Dallas i would think.

Neither should be available anyways. Hronek because our D prospects are already lacking. Svechnikov because his value is at an all time low. Hopefully he's just slumping due to injury.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

You have no idea how real that is...

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'd guess Jason Dickinson is being showcased, he has the pedigree to attract a number of scouts who might want to give him a second chance and I could see Dallas management being somewhat frustrated with how he is progressing.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Jason Dickinson
Roope Hintz
Gavin Bayreuther
Denis Gurianov
Curtis McKenzie had a hatty

Can't see any of them being available. I donno.

I mean if we are going for a top 6 RW acquisition like we could really use someone in that group will likely be available with a Ritchie like player as the NHL replacement piece

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I'd guess Jason Dickinson is being showcased, he has the pedigree to attract a number of scouts who might want to give him a second chance and I could see Dallas management being somewhat frustrated with how he is progressing.

Why are we frustrated? He played very well in his first year in the AHL, fought injuries in his second and then has nearly tied his goal totals from last year through 15 games. I think management is still really into the kid its just we are incredibly deep at LW/C in the NHL and thats his position

To the topic of this thread I would imagine its teams looking at our prospects as we need a 2nd line winger and should be a buyer at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad