GDT: #17: Flyers vs Penguins | CEC | Wed, February 20th | 19:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
I really think they just let the Flyers dictate the game. I don't get why we go up and all the sudden the forecheck and the pressure just leaves out the window. Why would you sit on your heals? Why with the lead do the passes get more reckless instead of shooting?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The puck support has been weak. I recall one play where Martin had the puck deep in our zone, and had two or three Flyers on him. He had no one to pass to. Orpik just stood near the left hashmarks waiting for a pass that would have been intercepted, and the forwards were already in the neutral zone waiting for a stretch pass through four players.

This team seems to have a real problem playing basic, simple hockey.

Tafkak

Feb 2, 2005
Novi, MI.
I can't stand to listen to these two clowns during the intermission. For carrying one of the highest tv ratings, they have two "analysts" (word used very loosely) that hate the Pens.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
How in the world do Flyers fans think NBC is tugging our weiners all game? Are they even listening to this garbage?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This game is not over but...

It proves not one thing has changed since last season with this team. It is still a team the relies entirely too much on 87 and 71. The third line is non existent. Soft and Slow on D. It will work against some teams but not this Flyers team, because as much as it burns me to say they are more talented than the Penguins if you look at the entire rosters

A night like tonight, where Geno actually has his head out of his ***, is one where I WISH the coaching staff relied on him too much. Malkin is on pace to play 20 minutes tonight. That's it. Kunitz has more ES ice time. And, Dupuis has a full minute more of ES ice time. Pretty poor bench management, but what do I know?

Houston Penguin

Texas Pen
Mar 17, 2007
LA & GA to TX
It's not over, but the boys have to play better than the second half of that period.

They have to get away from that Flyer ******** and start stepping up on these tricks.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
I don't really care about this game but I'm hoping DB can actually ****ing get a clue during the Playoffs because we'll get sent packing again without structure and puck support.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The puck support has been weak. I recall one play where Martin had the puck deep in our zone, and had two or three Flyers on him. He had no one to pass to. Orpik just stood near the left hashmarks waiting for a pass that would have been intercepted, and the forwards were already in the neutral zone waiting for a stretch pass through four players.

This team seems to have a real problem playing basic, simple hockey.

When is it ever that good. And, even if it had been good, it wouldn't change that Martin has been playing the game in slo-mo and Orpik's puck handling is making Borts and Engo seem like the second comings of Bobby Orr.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You know you want to step off the ledge. I see through the facade.

4421060131_0f85508123_z.jpg

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I gotta get one thing off my chest and then you can all paint me as a Malkin apologist.

When you have a guy as talented as that, perhaps the only one on the team other than arguably Bennett, whose forte is not constant North-South hockey, and you constantly give his line Engelland-Bortuzzo, and you rarely ever succeeds in getting Malkin the puck coming through the neutral zone because the focus is to get it deep for dump ins that this line rarely ever gets to, then you are not getting the most you can from a world class player.

It is what it is. It has been like this most of the season. I keep on hating on it.

I see what you're saying, but his line's leaving no outlet for any D. The choices they just gave to Martin was "dance those 4 guys and get us the puck while we stare at you." Horrible sequence by them. Incredibly impressive by Martin that he stalled that long.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
maybe I'm not watching the same game but the Penguins look like the better team - it's just that the Flyers look more desperate and their goalie is playing well

and I don't get all these posts about how the Pens suck the Flyers suck blah blah... the Pens are really good the Flyers are just okay and it's hockey - and the game is not over

Engelland needs to keep his head up and stop thinking that kid is going to fight him because he won't. He sure has a hard head - that was a heavy hit he took

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I am sorry, but Orpik and Martin can't get the puck out when they are playing 4 on 5 every time Geno is out there. What the hell is his problem?

It's Neal more than Malkin, but they're both responsible.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I gotta get one thing off my chest and then you can all paint me as a Malkin apologist.

When you have a guy as talented as that, perhaps the only one on the team other than arguably Bennett, whose forte is not constant North-South hockey, and you constantly give his line Engelland-Bortuzzo, and you rarely ever succeeds in getting Malkin the puck coming through the neutral zone because the focus is to get it deep for dump ins that this line rarely ever gets to, then you are not getting the most you can from a world class player.

It is what it is. It has been like this most of the season. I keep on hating on it.

That's a really good point and often overlooked when thinking about how well a line plays.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't really care about this game but I'm hoping DB can actually ****ing get a clue during the Playoffs because we'll get sent packing again without structure and puck support.

Structure, support, realizing that a minute more ES time for Dupuis than Malkin might not be the best way to coach a series. And, that's just the start of the list. I'm hoping too . . .

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012

One more post... so close...

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Who cares about the penalty.. we let them back in by ******** cherry picking with once again everyone leaving the zone to try and score. It's really not that hard.

Flyers have 2-3 in our zone and we have one with a bunch of clowns streaking down the ice looking for a stretch pass.

Same old stuff. We ride our top end talent against lesser teams, can't against comparable teams. Hence our consistent 4th/5th place finishes.

BeauKnows19

Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
...Milbury and Jones...my least favorite duo of all time. no mention of bs call that leads to Philly's lead taking goal, but they point out something Crosby did on Talbot's breakaway that wasn't a penalty that they try and convince the casuals that it was one...smfh

Agreed, and I'm sick of all of this talk from the whole crew about Giroux being such a good leader and playing by example. I've hardly noticed him this game.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So BB only got 3 shift that period but our 4th line who spends every second of every shift in our own end gets its regular shift

They would be in the offensive zone if DB wouldn't put 'em against the top Flyers line. It makes zero sense. Lav has to be laughing when Bylsma matches Giroux with Adams/Vitale/Glass.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't think Orpik's having a particularly good night, either.

But man, the Flyers suck the Pens in every time. They're in the Pens' heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad