GDT: 17 Apr 2014: DIVISION SEMIFINALS - GAME 1 - Wild @ Avs - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
So what do you guys think about Bryz? thought he let few relatively easy ones tonight.. Not that defense was that much better, but seemed like he could've atleast stop 1 of those 2 when wild led 4-2.

Blue line needs more work than people want to admit to. I'm not satisfied with #5 and #6 and no one should be either. Don't care what the stupid +/- says. Prosser and Stoner played like complete *******. Spurgeon right behind him with a lot of stupid passes, namely his big "wtf' moment.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
I just feel so deflated. I got my hopes up, and they were demolished. These are the days where you question Minnesota sports curses. I just don't understand life sometimes.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
A lot of you guys are starting to look like Canuck's fans with all the whining about the refs. Hopefully the team doesn't buy into that attitude or they will start getting no calls like the Canucks.

This game is 100% on the Wild not the refs.

I agree the Wild lost this game well before the OT goal but if you can just run into a player, knock him over and then run into another one after you fall down after running into the player and have it not be called, how is interference called in any game?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
First game back for Granlund... he's getting back up to speed. He played decent, and had some good pressure, he'll get back to where he was.

I don't doubt that at all. But it is playoffs....you don't get "time" to do it. Need it now. And if he can't, limit his time if they can at least to get someone out there who can make a different when that line gets a mismatch.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Sky is not falling then when we **** our pants from 4-2 lead to 4-5 devastating OT loss? Ok.

Its totally Sky is falling mentality. We controlled most of the game. We lose one game and apparently we're going to get swept? Yeah, ok.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Packing my things, fishing gear, beer, some clothes. To the cottage, gonna find the peace and gonna be ready for another set of emotions on sunday. Or saturday or when they play next time.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Seriously how do Minnesota teams always invent new ways to lose games they're on track to win?

Gary Anderson. Favre's interception. Joe Mauer's phantom double. Nick Punto getting picked off third. Everything about the end of this game, from the atrocious officiating to the even-more-atrocious defensive zone play.

And why is it that the moment something unfortunate like that happens, they're completely doomed and everyone knows it?

The only one not completely on Minnesota is the 09 game against the cheaters from na'wlins. Had they not been illegally hitting Farve all game, he would have ran and slid.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I just feel so deflated. I got my hopes up, and they were demolished. These are the days where you question Minnesota sports curses. I just don't understand life sometimes.

seems it's too early to start question those curses :D

they will bounce.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'd like to see more from some of the vets. This game felt like the kids were in the driver's seat. That's not a bad thing, but we need the vets to really do some damage.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
The worst part of MN sports syndrome is how we have to hear all the national media talking about what a "great comeback it was" by Colorado instead of acknowledging it for what it was.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
Blue line needs more work than people want to admit to. I'm not satisfied with #5 and #6 and no one should be either. Don't care what the stupid +/- says. Prosser and Stoner played like complete *******. Spurgeon right behind him with a lot of stupid passes, namely his big "wtf' moment.

So you are ok with Bryz, I haven't seen many wild games this year compared to previous years but what i've gathered their defense has been pretty good overall... or atleast better than their offense. So kinda weird to see them lose 5-4 in playoffs, very uncharacteristic if you ask me.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Its totally Sky is falling mentality. We controlled most of the game. We lose one game and apparently we're going to get swept? Yeah, ok.

Yes we are, as it was a crushing defeat. This **** was doomed from the start. Can you remember the last years playoffs? Same result this year. 5 games and exit.

You can be confident all you want, but this team is a proven choker.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
The only one not completely on Minnesota is the 09 game against the cheaters from na'wlins. Had they not been illegally hitting Farve all game, he would have ran and slid.

Or had we not had the too many men in the huddle penalty.. Perhaps he doesn't feel like he needs to throw that pass across his body like he did. idk.. :( Either way.. Same ole same ole.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal

Eh there's a spectrum. Mauer's phantom double was mostly on the refs. Tonight was at least partially on the refs. The common denominator is how other teams recover, but Minnesota––even when they're still leading or are tied after one of those moments––already knows they've lost when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad