GDT: 17 Apr 2014: DIVISION SEMIFINALS - GAME 1 - Wild @ Avs - 8:30PM CDT/4:30AM Suomi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Sorry, but we scored an empty netter there, plain and simple.

Particularly if they're going to call Koivu for displacing the net earlier in the game, they absolutely have to call it when the net's empty.

Tweeted Walz and basically every beat writer under the sun to explain why it wouldn't be called. I want ****ing heads. And Yeo and Fletcher should demand those refs be pulled from the playoffs after this

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I don't think Johnson displaced the net on purpose, llama. He had to chug along full speed to clear the puck just in time. Tried stopping but he couldn't stop in time.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
This will most likely be a short OT. Avs are sparked and pumped up. Wild are probably deflated. I really hope one of the leaders in that room says all the right things to our guys during this intermission.

I think either we score it right away and win or the Avs get it at some point. They've got all the god damn momentum.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I wish they would have explained why Colorado players get to kick the net loose to freeze play, with nobody near them, but we get a penalty when it happens trying to make a check.

This. The puck went to Cooke right after EJ saved it so that should have been delay of game because it probably would have been a shot on goal there. Awful call.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I have to go to sleep. I seriously cannot watch this anymore or I'm going to have a heart attack. Going to have to just keep an eye on Twitter so I don't have to watch what happens to Minnesota sports teams.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
He's going full speed to get the puck, was he supposed to jump over the net?

I don't think Johnson displaced the net on purpose, llama. He had to chug along full speed to clear the puck just in time. Tried stopping but he couldn't stop in time.

OK, let's try this one then:

In the event that the goal post is displaced, either deliberately or accidentally, by a defending player, prior to the puck crossing the goal line between the normal position of the goalposts, the Referee may award a goal.
In order to award a goal in this situation, the goal post must have been displaced by the actions a defending player or goalkeeper, the puck must have been shot (or the player must be in the act of shooting) at the goal prior to the goal post being displaced, and it must be determined that the puck would have entered the net between the normal position of the goal posts.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Tweeted Walz and basically every beat writer under the sun to explain why it wouldn't be called. I want ****ing heads. And Yeo and Fletcher should demand those refs be pulled from the playoffs after this

Sorry.... this is not on the Refs... this is all on Brodziak and Spurgeon.

hort22

Apr 4, 2013
well this aint going 3 ot like the hawks/blues...someone scores fast im thinking...just hoping not them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad