Prospect Info: 17-18 Blues Top Prospect #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Tage Thompson for me.

I know people are going wild over Kyrou's speed, but he needs to learn where the defensive zone is before he can handle even the AHL level. He won't make the NHL on speed alone.

Thompson is a much more complete player and he's absolutely lethal in front of the net.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I've one question about TT. There has been several post about TT carried by other teammates on WJC. Can he create by himself scoring change or does he really rely only his linemates and one note also I've read that he tries too much dangle and force the plays by himself and majority then he should have pass the puck, only creates turnovers. Are those things true or false?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I am not a huge Thompson fan, as I think he has some big holes in his game. Although, we are at that point in the list where they all have their dark spots. I went with Thomas because he is more well rounded that either TT or Kyrou. He seems destined for the NHL. I have my doubts about TT and Kyrou at the NHL level. Both are guilty of trying to do too much with the puck. TT is pretty bad at board battles, which is concerning for a big man. Kyrou is a little too much of a perimeter player and TT can be guilty of this as well.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I voted Thomas. I like him more than both TT and Kyrou. Kid just needs to work on his shot.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I went with Kyrou again, and Thomas is just slightly behind him. Not a huge fan of Thompson either, just doesn't seem like he impacts the game at all aside from his shot.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Went with Thomas. I think he is a little more of a safe bet to make an impact in the NHL than Kyrou or Tage. I think he has a similar ceiling to both as well, Kyrou's maybe being a little higher because of his skating. If all goes well for each, I can see them each being solid 2nd liners. I think Thomas' defensive ability/awareness and "safeness" tips the scales for me here.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I went with thompson, thomas is my next pick followed by kyrou, I really need to watch kyrou more because other than some highlights i haven't seen him play much. So basically for lack of viewings i have him behind thomas and thompson.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think Thomas has the most complete game, and I think he shows the mentality to be a successful NHL player. His shot is the weakest part of his game. I'd like to see him become a little more of a shooting threat so that his play-making can be more effective.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Going with Thomas. His strengths and weaknesses remind me of Schwartz a bit. But more of a projected 2C version than the 1LW Schwartz has become. I suspect we will see his pts/game go up quite a bit this season.

It's very close between him and Thompson...and with Kyrou close too but I just see fewer holes in his game/fewer obstacles to climb to reach his potential than Thompson/Kyrou, thus I value him just a smidge higher.

Blues0307

May 25, 2009
St. Louis
This vote has all the makings of a classic. Want-to, and want-to alone, will determine who buries home the winner and takes the all-important #6 slot in the 2017 HF Blues prospect ranking.

EL Bandito

Mar 29, 2006
Edwardsville, IL
As of right now I have Thomas, Thompson and Kyrou basically the same so I voted for Thomas based upon who I think has the highest upside of the 3. It doesn't matter the order 6-8 between these guys really though as I like all of them.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Schmaltz here for me.

How high you are on Schmaltz? Jordan looked pretty damn good last pre-season games. I think he is or should be most ready for NHL compare to Walman and Dunn too, but Dunn's and Walman's ceiling is higher?

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
This was probably the hardest decision for me thus far. I see Kyrou, Thompson, and Thomas having similar upside. Thomas and Kyrou are probably even when it comes to development, even with Kyrou's year advantage, because of Kyrou's lack of two way play and Thomas's more well rounded skill set. So I guess Thompson would be the the most developed, but I still question his mental game, and I have questioned it for quite a while now. All in all, each have a serious argument to be put over the other.

I decided on Thomas because I think he is least likely to have translation issues moving into the pro game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad