Prospect Info: 17-18 Blues Top Prospect #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Who do you think is the fourth best prospect in the Blues organization?

#1-Vince Dunn(67%)
#2-Ivan Barbashev(46%)
#3-Jake Walman(79%)

Poll will be up in just a second. Hold your horses 2MM.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
This is tough. I could entertain an argument for any of

Husso
Schmaltz
Thompson
Kyrou
Thomas
Kostin

I think I'm gonna choose Kostin by a hair over Thomas and Kyrou

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This is definitely where it gets interesting. I went with Kyrou, but there's certainly an argument for quite a few others. Kyrou is right up there in potential with Kostin in my mind, but he's more of a sure thing(though far from a lock) of reaching that potential. He could be a big time impact forward in the NHL if things go right. The speed, the hands, the vision it's all there. He definitely has holes in his game, but I think they are surmountable.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Husso.

I still view he has upside to be starter #1 goaltender in NHL or even better and he'll be that in future if everything goes well.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Husso. Third time voting for him is the charm?

My top 4 are pretty close (Dunn, Husso, Barby, Walman). After that there is a gap between 4 and 5. Everyone else falls into 1 of 3 groups. 1) I haven't seen enough of them to form a solid opinion (Thomas, Kostin). 2) They have what I perceive as holes in their game that must be addressed to reach ceiling (Thompson, Kyrou), or 3) they don't have a very high ceiling (Musil, Blais)

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
There is a reason we took Thomas higher than Kostin, and i belive in everything BA does. Plus, Thomas is a C.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Husso, easy choice for me. Reviewing his rookie year in the A is evident of how he was able to adjust and prosper.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Husso.

Again, I don't believe anyone we have other than Dunn, Barbeshev, Schmaltz, and maybe Blais has done anything more impressive than what Husso pulled off last year. Coupled with what his potential looks to be, I don't see how it could be anyone but him.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'm going with Kyrou here. His production skyrocketed despite losing several key members on his team, and his blend of speed and skill are too tantalizing to ignore. I think he has the highest potential out of all our current forward prospects.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
So, this is gonna be a brawl, as any of Husso, Kostin, Kyrou, Thomas, Thompson, and Schmaltz. That said, with the information we have right now, I think Kyrou has to take priority for me. Assuming the goal here is "Do you think this guy is going to be a Top 6 forward/Top 4 Defensemen/Starting Goalie", Kyrou right now is the only one I say "Yes" to right now and not "Maybe"

Though the only one that feels like an odd pick to me is Thompson. Have to see him use his size more in productive ways to buy him above the others.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I went with Husso. Like many others, I find it difficult to evaluate goaltenders, but I feel he's the surest to make the NHL on the list except for Schmaltz, but Husso I think will be more valuable.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I went with Kyrou, but I think there are probably four guys that are bunched pretty closely with him in Thompson, Thomas and Kostin.

I think Barbashev makes the opening day roster, and of all of our other forward prospects, I think Kyrou is the most likely to get at least a 9 game look. He brings an element that we simply don't have much of in our lineup - high end speed and the ability to make plays on the move. Fabbri is a better finisher than he is at this point, and Fabbri's defense is probably a good two levels above Kyrou, but Kyrou is a level above in speed and playmaking, even at 19. I'd love to see him lineup on the right side with Schwartz on his other wing and Schenn in the middle, leaving 15-26-91 for the top line.

I'm not sure he'll stick, but my money is on him turning heads in a big way in camp and making it nearly impossible to send him back to juniors, much like Fabbri was well on his way to doing in the 2014 camp before he got hurt.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
It's time. We'll be lucky to have lived through this.

Anchorman3.gif

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I'm going Kyrou, for similar reasons as listed by others above. Husso next for me.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
I'm going with Kyrou here. He has a very high offensive upside and is pretty close to NHL-ready. It's close in this next pack between him, Thompson, Husso, Kostin, and Thomas.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
There is a reason we took Thomas higher than Kostin, and i belive in everything BA does. Plus, Thomas is a C.

I would have to go back and watch it again. They have an overall strategy as to how they draft. They know what other teams are looking for and who they like. Just because they choose Thomas over Kostin doesn't necessarily mean he's better. Not saying you shouldn't pick Thomas. I just wouldn't appeal to the authority in this case

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I went with Husso. Like many others, I find it difficult to evaluate goaltenders, but I feel he's the surest to make the NHL on the list except for Schmaltz, but Husso I think will be more valuable.
The only goalies with any real organizational value are above average starters. Anyone else either is hindering your ability to win, or easy/cheap to acquire from outside the organization, or both.

Husso's still a tier below the rest of the great big mashup here for me. I need to see some extended excellence in the AHL before jumping on that train.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The only goalies with any real organizational value are above average starters. Anyone else either is hindering your ability to win, or easy/cheap to acquire from outside the organization, or both.

Husso's still a tier below the rest of the great big mashup here for me. I need to see some extended excellence in the AHL before jumping on that train.

His inability to shine in the playoffs is what gives me pause. After what he accomplished in the post-season in Europe, I was expecting to see more from him in his first NA playoffs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I wouldn't go Husso this high.

It's between Thompson and Kyrou for me. I went with Thompson but am having second thoughts. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad