Prospect Info: 17-18 Blues Top Prospect #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
You know the drill. Vote for who you think is the third best prospect in our organization by your own standards.

#1-Vince Dunn(67%)
$2-Ivan Barbashev(46%)

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
My third time voting Walman. I'm excited about Barbashev, but Walman will have the better NHL career I think. It starts to get interesting after this.

Add MacEachern.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
So far everything's gone how I voted.

After this it gets interesting. One of Kyrou, Thompson, Husso, Kostin, and Thomas but I'm not sure who yet.

Also add MacEachern and/or NKC

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'm going to vote Husso here. I was impressed he handled the AHL as well as he did and him becoming the starter quickly pretty much proved that he has what it takes to be a starter in the NHL.

Walman just hasn't done as much within the year to put him over Husso here.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Also, I think using the HF definition Sundqvist should still be considered a prospect (65 games or 24 years old).

Also add (eventually) Opilka and Bleackley.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Walman. Was a toss up between he and barbashev for me at #2 and I went with experience and readiness over potential. Definitely splitting hairs between the two.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'm going to vote Husso here. I was impressed he handled the AHL as well as he did and him becoming the starter quickly pretty much proved that he has what it takes to be a starter in the NHL.

Walman just hasn't done as much within the year to put him over Husso here.

Ditto. I think everyone has how Walman looked at prospect camp in mind and he's getting a bigger push than Husso who didn't attend.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Walman (who I think should have been higher than Barbashev due to upside potential). I'd place Kostin next, before Husso, as goalies have potential for lots of things preventing them from becoming consistent at the top level (many are mental).

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
For everyone pushing Husso - I'm not against it, but I think the great majority of fans, even ones who have played hockey at a decent level, are still garbage at calling goalie development. Hell, the professionals are notably more spotty at it than they are with skaters. I think Husso eventually nabs a respectable spot on the list, but until we've seen him in the NHL or he comically dominates the AHL, you can't blame anybody for voting for skaters.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
For everyone pushing Husso - I'm not against it, but I think the great majority of fans, even ones who have played hockey at a decent level, are still garbage at calling goalie development. Hell, the professionals are notably more spotty at it than they are with skaters. I think Husso eventually nabs a respectable spot on the list, but until we've seen him in the NHL or he comically dominates the AHL, you can't blame anybody for voting for skaters.

Most fans are garbage at calling any development, outside of what we can read from experts. Even the so-called experts are hit-and-miss with calling the development of any player. How many missed Parayko? How many of us would have known about PArayko had he not been talked about so positively post-draft. Its an unfair double standard to say goalies have to be much more dominate than a skater to at the same age to get recognition because of they are harder to gauge their development.

And why is it pushing Husso to say why we voted for him, and why we preferred him over the guy who is clearly going to win. That's not puishing him, that's discussing the poll. Nobody blames anyone for voting for whoever they want. I just find it curious that he dropped so much in people's eyes when they were comfortable gauging his development last year before most ever saw him.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Easy choice for Jake Walman. I have a feeling that he's going to light up the AHL.

Please add Nikolaj Krag-Christiansen next. If Helt is on there, NKC deserves a spot.

Last edited:

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Most fans are garbage at calling any development, outside of what we can read from experts. Even the so-called experts are hit-and-miss with calling the development of any player. How many missed Parayko? How many of us would have known about PArayko had he not been talked about so positively post-draft. Its an unfair double standard to say goalies have to be much more dominate than a skater to at the same age to get recognition because of they are harder to gauge their development.

And why is it pushing Husso to say why we voted for him, and why we preferred him over the guy who is clearly going to win. That's not puishing him, that's discussing the poll. Nobody blames anyone for voting for whoever they want. I just find it curious that he dropped so much in people's eyes when they were comfortable gauging his development last year before most ever saw him.

I think you're reading something into my words that isn't there. By "push," I didn't mean anything sinister, just that you're pushing for him.

I also didn't say a goalie has to be more dominant, but that in the absence of that dominance, it's more understandable that fans would make another choice - whether they're right or not. That's why I don't find it particularly curious. Whether we're talking about those of us who are poor, average, or above average among fans at watching and understanding player development, we almost all see WAY more skaters, so it's not rare for fans to be a lot more comfortable assessing skaters.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Walman. Gets difficult after this, as there will be a run of forwards who are nearly interchangeable (with Husso mixed in).

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Voted for Walman again. Very excited to see what he can do in a full AHL season next year.

Walman, and then we bring out the knives.

giphy.gif

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Kind of cool seeing the gaps between each prospects personal value to us as fans with the percentages. Looks at this point like its:

Dunn

Barbashev
Walman

Undecided yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad