Prospect Info: 17-18 Blues Top Prospect #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Went with Blais. His season for the wolves last year was extremely impressive and definitely unexpected. If we're talking tiers, I think he is at the top of this tier of guys that may end up being tweeters but have some skills that will make them a possibility of becoming adequate NHLers. Debated between him and Musil simply because I think Musil is a near lock to carve out a career as a defensively responsible 4th line center that can chip in occasionally offensively but Blais scoring ability that gives him a chance to be a middle 6 winger tips the scales for me.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Musil. I had him as the #10 prospect a year ago, but now I have right here. New prospects pushed him down a little.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I went with Mikkola because he play a pretty good all around game, and Blais has too many questions. Musil has a good all around game as well. But defencemen are generally worth more to a team than forwards.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blais for sure.

Pretty good to have him at #12 in your system.

BTW, is Lindbohm a prospect anymore? He's played 40 NHL games. Usually that's used as the cutoff on this site. I would probably be voting for him next but on second thought he probably shouldn't even be in the poll, and he turns 24 soon.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Blais for sure.

Pretty good to have him at #12 in your system.

BTW, is Lindbohm a prospect anymore? He's played 40 NHL games. Usually that's used as the cutoff on this site. I would probably be voting for him next but on second thought he probably shouldn't even be in the poll, and he turns 24 soon.
The HF cutoff for prospect status is 65 NHL games for skaters, 45 games for goalies, or hitting one's 24th birthday.

I don't have any problems with those who don't consider him a prospect, but technically he belongs in this poll if we're using those guidelines (which I traditionally have).

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Easy pick is Mikkola. He had break year in Finland and majority of experts have predict he'll be next finnish defenseman who'll play mainly in NHL level.

He is mostly gifted in defesive side of game, but you can see he has growth to offensive game. He has self-confidence for it, but his transition game isn't there yet what it will be in future. But normally you cant find this big guy who has strong, fast skating, strong 1on1 battle and great defensive stick and have 'mean streak' mindset.

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Definitely Musil. Has all the intangibles that make for a good checker, defensive guy. Brings size, toughness, tenacity, lots of character, etc. Is a natural C. I think he's likely to have a good NHL career. A Brodziak like career.

Blais is more talented so if this was a pickup game I'd take Blais over Musil but IMO, Musil is much more likely to have an NHL career so he's the more valuable asset IMO. Blais either becomes and 2nd or 3rd line winger or he ends up as a tweener like Rattie and Palushaj. I personally don't see Blais making it. He's got some skills and got some smarts but I just don't see him developing his offense enough to steal a top-6 job and I don't see him developing enough intangibles to take someone's bottom-6 job.

I like what I've seen from Mikkola but it sucks he won't be playing in N.A. this season like he originally planned. That would've helped get him closer to NHL ready.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I like what I've seen from Mikkola but it sucks he won't be playing in N.A. this season like he originally planned. That would've helped get him closer to NHL ready.

It will be best him to play finnish league now and play in team (Tappara) which won the Liiga last season. That will improve his game, getting big icetime and play under good system.

If he would come NA play ECHL/AHL route? Go San Antonio? Wolves? Beer league? It was right choice him stay in Finland and Tappara then go bs AHL/ECHL route and play low minutes under ****** envinroment and developement system.

Let Blues first fix their AHL team and then bring young kids from out of sea. Its not good for young prospect developement curve to just get dumped out somewhere.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Lots of talk about Musil but not one mention or vote for Poganski. I think they are similar prospects

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Torpedo. I'm also hearing and seeing (now that I'm watching the video) that Sundqvist might be a disappointment. He doesn't look really good at anything. I might be dropping him lower in my personal list - at least below Blais.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
What a tight race so far. I get the point on Musil, and look forward to seeing him. I take the point that Blais most likely scenario might be a Brett Sterling/Chris Connor type AHL callup career vs Musil likely being a solid NHL player. Still, I'm looking at 26 goals at 20, and dreaming on the decent chance he grows into a 15-20 goal scorer in the NHL. I look at Mikkola similarly too (decent chance at being a solid #4)

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
It will be best him to play finnish league now and play in team (Tappara) which won the Liiga last season. That will improve his game, getting big icetime and play under good system.

If he would come NA play ECHL/AHL route? Go San Antonio? Wolves? Beer league? It was right choice him stay in Finland and Tappara then go bs AHL/ECHL route and play low minutes under ****** envinroment and developement system.

Let Blues first fix their AHL team and then bring young kids from out of sea. Its not good for young prospect developement curve to just get dumped out somewhere.

You may be misunderstanding me. I'm disappointed that he's not coming over but I think it makes sense for him not to given the circumstances. The disappointment is in the crappy we don't have an affiliate situation. When he committed to come to N.A. for this season, it was when there wasn't concern of the Blues not having their own affiliate. It makes perfect sense for him to stay over in Finland for another year but it just sucks as it'll likely delay his adaption to the N.A. game and his NHL readiness.

Plagers4Ever

Apr 20, 2006
Like the commercial....

Mi.....kko......la!!!!!!

I know, the throat lozenges have a different spelling, but it is close phonetically.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad