Value of: 16th Overall + Kerfoot

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Yeah Granlund is not a "suspect-franchise center". And he doesn't even play for Minnesota :laugh:

Honestly, Granlund just had a down year. I wouldn't say that he couldn't be a franchise center. This guy has all the potential, however, you are right, he is no where worth that pacakage currently, and, Nashville is not trading Granlund right now, they are going to give him one more season to see how he plays with the Preds' core.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Honestly, Granlund just had a down year. I wouldn't say that he couldn't be a franchise center. This guy has all the potential, however, you are right, he is no where worth that pacakage currently, and, Nashville is not trading Granlund right now, they are going to give him one more season to see how he plays with the Preds' core.
Granlund hasn't been a center for years.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I think anyone expecting the Avs to deal the 4th overall selection is disconnected from reality. The Avs have ample cap room and flexibility. They will likely just use some of their cap space to add in free agency and look for continued growth internally for secondary scoring, likely with Kerfoot, Compher, Jost, Greer, Kamenev, Kaut, and Bowers.

Reactions: Barklez

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Jason Zucker is small fish, With the assets the Avs have. They are 100% not going after him.

Think Mika Zibanejad or even Claude Grioux ----- all big fish. Yes, it will take the 4th overall and a sweetener --- but, this will make the Avs true contenders.

I heard that Philadelphia is looking into full-rebuild (Think Bruins' Kessel to Toronto type trade, with ZERO% UNCERTAINTY for Avs on where the picks land)

TO COLARADO: Mika Zibanejad + One of (DeAngelo or Pionk) + 3rd Round Pick.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Why do the Rangers do this? They go into instant rebuild with 2 great pieces. The Avs get instantly better - No Question.
TO NEW YORK: 2019 (4th Overall+ 16th Overall)

You essentially trade 1 very high first rounder and 1 mid rounder for a suspect-franchise center and a suspect-top 4D.
Franchise Centers ARE RARELY AVAILABLE, but, given the Ranger's situation,, you MUST RISK TO GET.

You can add sweeteners on any side to adjust trade value BUT --- this is a fantastic premises for a rewarding trade for both teams looking to go in opposite directions.

I can't think of any real reason the Rangers would do this. At 4 you'd be thrilled to get a player of Zibanejad's caliber and he's young enough to be part of the long-term solution in NY. They're already in a rebuild and they're already getting two great building blocks with #2 and #20 this year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I can't think of any real reason the Rangers would do this. At 4 you'd be thrilled to get a player of Zibanejad's caliber and he's young enough to be part of the long-term solution in NY. They're already in a rebuild and they're already getting two great building blocks with #2 and #20 this year.

I like Zibby a lot and would have to seriously consider building a package around #4 for him, but I think Zegras & Podkolzin are both going to surpass him in a few years. So I feel like that's a stretch. Now sure, there have been busts at #4, but at #4 you'll often have a shot at a truly special talent and I don't think this draft is any exception in that regard.

Which is why my preference would resolving our 2c hole elsewise...be it signing Hayes in FA or pursuing a trade for Kadri using EJ or #16...and taking a swing with #4 on either of those two. But Zbad is just on that line of 1b C with enough runway & a good enough contract, for it to be something that I'd have to think long and hard about as an avs fan.

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019

You are correct --- but, teams rarely trade top 5 talents --- if the Rangers are looking to fully rebuild --- acquiring picks #4 and #16 is a good start.
It would be pretty difficult for them to tank whilst having Zibanejad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad