Proposal: 16th overall for a goalie to CGY

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
The 16th overall pick is likely going to be Trelivings best trade chip to bring in a goalie, especially with the expansion draft looming. Its not too early of a pick that it really hurts, and its not too late that it still has good value. Who comes back in a trade for the 16 OA ?

Bonus question; Does Elliot re-sign as a back-up?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Mrazek and possibly Grubauer are the only goalies I would consider moving our 1st for. Anything else would be sheer stupidity.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Mrazek and possibly Grubauer are the only goalies I would consider moving our 1st for. Anything else would be sheer stupidity.

In either case I would like to see a pick or something more coming back to the Flames as well.

16th overall is a lot to give up for a goalie who hasn't proven to be anything but a backup so far or a goalie who has struggled mightily for a season and a half now.

Ideally I'd like to see a 2nd rounder go for either of these goalies, but we don't have one so it would have to be the 2018 2nd rounder or something else has to come with the goalie.

Martin Jones -> 29th overall + C prospect
Cam Talbot -> 57th + 79th (swap of 7th rounders as well)
Frederick Andersen -> 30th overall + 2nd rounder

I don't see any way either of those goalies is worth 16th overall, given the soft goalie market.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

An obvious answer, although Pittsburgh might rather let Vegas take him than lose another player, who would be worth more than 16 OV.

Fleury really has played at an elite level all this year, not just the playoffs. He has been close to that the past few years in fact but his rep followed him.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
An obvious answer, although Pittsburgh might rather let Vegas take him than lose another player, who would be worth more than 16 OV.

Fleury really has played at an elite level all this year, not just the playoffs. He has been close to that the past few years in fact but his rep followed him.

Based on this chart, Calgary would be better off with Elliott.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
It would not be wise to trade the 16th overall pick for a goaltender. Calgary can sign a goalie when free agency starts without giving up an asset.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Raanta is your guy

Rangers will even throw in your pick of Pirri/Clendening/Klein/Holden to get it done

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
16 oa

To Cal: Mrazek + Nyquist

To Det: 16 OA + Gillies +*

* realize that the Wings might have to take salary/cap space back. Brodie and Bouma would be candidates. Brouwer is NOT a consideration.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Based on this chart, Calgary would be better off with Elliott.

It is academic anyways in my opinion. Pittsburgh would likely rather have Vegas take Fleury than lose a player like Maatta. Anyone of the players talked about being exposed to the draft for Pittsburgh has more value to them than the 16th OV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad