Prospect Info: 16th Overall, Alex Newhook, Victoria Grizzlies, C, BCHL

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jesus Christ Eichel. 71 points as a freshman?

There was a reason his hype was insane and there had been a camp on here that thought he'd be just as good as McDavid :laugh:

Kyle Connor was the insane freshman year that blew my mind the most as it happened...though that might just be because I actually watched that team regularly thanks to Jimmothy lol.

Reactions: TheRarestDangles

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There was a reason his hype was insane and there had been a camp on here that thought he'd be just as good as McDavid :laugh:

Kyle Connor was the insane freshman year that blew my mind the most as it happened...though that might just be because I actually watched that team regularly thanks to Jimmothy lol.
I remember a lot of people saying Eichel could go before Mcdavid and thinking that’s just ridiculous... Eichel is an absolute stud though and is as good of a consolation prize as you could get though.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I remember a lot of people saying Eichel could go before Mcdavid and thinking that’s just ridiculous... Eichel is an absolute stud though and is as good of a consolation prize as you could get though.
Eichel would have been a sure bet #1 in any year that didn't have a McDavid in it. Buffalo may have lost the lottery that season but it's pretty much the same as winning #1 in most draft years.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Connor was a full year older than most though.

Eichel, Newhook, Keller etc all started college the year they turned 18. Connor started the year he turned 19.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
True true; it was still crazy watching Connor rifle any puck that JTC got even close to him into the net :laugh:
That team is what gave me a constant boner for Werenski. Then his Calder Cup run didn’t exactly make it go down.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That team is what gave me a constant boner for Werenski. Then his Calder Cup run didn’t exactly make it go down.

Thank god that their coach (whose name I'm totally spazzing on) never bothered trying to teach his kids to defend :laugh: They were so much fun that year.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
John Mitchell is a weird pick but ok :sarcasm:

edit: dammit @Spleenless Wonder21

iu

:naughty:

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Some team is going to regret passing on Marco Rossi. I think he should be the 3rd player taken this year.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
He'll be top contender for the Hobey Baker next year. It's really tough to win as a freshman unless you totally blow everyone else out of the water. Just the way the NCAA works. If he continues his trajectory, it will be very tough to stop him.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Newhook wasn’t even a top 100 finalist or whatever it is they name in like January. Therefore I’m not sure there is any sort of protocol to put him on the ballot after that. Would have been nice to see him named a top 10 finalist at least. But as was said he will get his next year anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad