Prospect Info: #165 Overall - Oskar Steen

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Impressive game by the little fire hydrant

Its a joy to watch him work the boards. He is the puck stapler.
He positions himself on the boards perfectly. Uses his thighs for good!

Screenshot_20231030_185820_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: rocketdan9

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Impressive game by the little fire hydrant

Its a joy to watch him work the boards. He is the puck stapler.
I knew he was special when I saw PJ Axelsson working with him one on one in his first camp. Once PJ showed him something, he picked it right up. He's come a long way and I really hope he can find a role with the team.

Not flashy but a perfect 4th line grinder who does the little things every shift and always gives a full effort.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i gotta say, this is the oskar steen i saw in providence when he was going. he's hungry, he's abrasive, he's got enough skill to chip in. b's will have an interesting decision when geekie and looch and gryz get back in the lineup - i don't think they can carry 23 guys due to cap issues, but someone much smarter than me could say for sure.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
i gotta say, this is the oskar steen i saw in providence when he was going. he's hungry, he's abrasive, he's got enough skill to chip in. b's will have an interesting decision when geekie and looch and gryz get back in the lineup - i don't think they can carry 23 guys due to cap issues, but someone much smarter than me could say for sure.
He can play one more game before he has to go through waivers again. I think it's very unlikely he plays 2 more games right now. Better to hang on to him than expose him to waivers in the near term. So don't be surprised if someone else is called up should Lucic not be ready after Saturday.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
He can play one more game before he has to go through waivers again. I think it's very unlikely he plays 2 more games right now. Better to hang on to him than expose him to waivers in the near term. So don't be surprised if someone else is called up should Lucic not be ready after Saturday.

I don't think you worry at all about waivers. Every team has a Steen in their organization. Nice fill in player though. Good competition for Lauko on that 4th line.

Reactions: HustleB

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I don't think you worry at all about waivers. Every team has a Steen in their organization. Nice fill in player though. Good competition for Lauko on that 4th line.
Steen is turning heads and most likely gaining interest around the league...he would be claimed. I can see him being sent down with Geekie coming back from injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think you don't take the chance. Let him play one more than send him down. If you need to fill in with someone for a week until Lucic or Geekie is ready that's fine. Steen has put some good film up this year especially from the Dallas game onward.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hope they don’t break last years All Time record and create unneeded stress for themselves and fans

125 points is a decent season and keeps the bullseye off them

Dollar Store Donny should take the deadline off or we could find ourselves with another super power facing a team with nothing to lose

BruinsBlitz

Nov 15, 2023
I hope they don’t break last years All Time record and create unneeded stress for themselves and fans

125 points is a decent season and keeps the bullseye off them

Dollar Store Donny should take the deadline off or we could find ourselves with another super power facing a team with nothing to lose

Totally agree. In my opinion not disrupting a good roster is key. Sometimes the best move at the trade deadline is no move at all. Better to maintain team chemistry than risk it for uncertain gains.

Reactions: DKH and hrdpuk

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
That release on that goal looked like his good days in Prov, nice to see it again.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
sorry if i missed this, but is steen injured right now? didn't see anything on it.
he's played well, obviously there are healthy bodies back...but was curious if
he's sitting for numbers or an injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad