16 team east conference

James Duthie

Kadri is 3 Hunna
May 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Stop making excuses ffs, our garbage team we call the Leafs failed to record a single ****ing point in eight straight games and now you wanna call the 16 teams in our conference the excuse? Fire Everyone get them out, as Gordon Ramsey would say in Hell's kitchen "GTFO" Garbage ass defense, worse thing I've ever seen in my life omg I swear to god there are only 3 people that I consider staying, one being our bozo captain the other being Riley and the third being Gleason, RANGER GTFO, FRANSON GTFO, GUNNARSON GTFO, GARDINER GTFO.

Nonis should just leave with the pride that's left in him, signing ****ing Clarkson smh I had all hope in him even after the 10 game suspension but that suspension was just a foreshadowing of things to look for.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
"We would have got in if Columbus and Detroit were in the West" is not something that anyone should be holding onto heading in the summer as some form of consolation.

They collapsed. Hard.

tumblr_lr87dlitR71qaljwj.gif

for the third time.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Coming in peace.

Yes it's a disadvantage.

No it's not the reason your not in the playoffs. In last years system you'd be out too. Like it or not, the road to the cup will always go through Boston, Detroit, Montreal . Same division ... deal with it, good teams find ways to win, not excuses to lose.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
If there were 9 teams in the East, I'm sure the Leafs would find a way to miss the playoffs.

Being in the weaker conference, there should be no excuse for any of this.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
If this team deserved to win the cup 16 teams in the conference doesn't matter. Simple fact is the team isn't good enough. Will be interesting to see what happens through the organization as a whole. Time to see what Tim is made of now.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Coming in peace.

Yes it's a disadvantage.

No it's not the reason your not in the playoffs. In last years system you'd be out too. Like it or not, the road to the cup will always go through Boston, Detroit, Montreal . Same division ... deal with it, good teams find ways to win, not excuses to lose.

good god, so it begins.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Coming in peace.

Yes it's a disadvantage.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure buddy, whatever you say.

Last edited:

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure buddy, whatever you say.

is he wrong though? montreal always seems to find a way to make the playoffs. correct me if im wrong but in the last 20 years they made the playoffs 15 times.
not saying they are contenders when they get in, but hey it is what it is :dunno:

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
In terms of sheer probability, it is tougher to be top 8 in a group of 16 than a group of 14, but that completely ignores the quality of the teams within each group.

The western conference has 7 teams pushing 100 points, including a wild-card team. If they played in the west, they would be competing for a lottery pick, not a playoff spot.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Looks pretty dumb now. I think we are in if detroit and columbus were still in the west. The fact that two extra teams are fighting us now makes this bullcrap.

You may be right but this team gave up. They deserve to be watching from home.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
I was actually thinking about this the other way. I wonder if Detroit was still in the west if they'd still be on the verge of keeping their playoff streak alive.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I was actually thinking about this the other way. I wonder if Detroit was still in the west if they'd still be on the verge of keeping their playoff streak alive.

I bet they're happy to be in the easier east.

Playing the equivalent of a full season with Datsyuk/Zetterberg injured. (Think no Kessel for 79 games.)

Their farm team carried them to the playoffs in the east.

What's that tell us?

sw13

Jan 31, 2014
This seems to be just another excuse, like injuries, like the tough market, like the media. It's all excuses. You're a multi-billion dollar franchise, you find ways to get it done regardless. No excuses. The fact that we've made the playoffs once since 04-05 lockout is nothing short of pathetic. The fact that we would have been like an expansion team this season if it wasn't for great goaltending and Kessel and JVR being amazing is just not good enough at all. We as fans deserve WAY better. We deserve Detroit-like success, Detroit-like development, not this garbage we see year in and year out. Not casting away young players for Dave Clarkson's and Bolland's. It's not fair to us. Let's see a core GROW. I'm talking about Kadri, I'm talking about Gardiner, JVR, Kessel, Bernier, Rielly. Let's build around SKILL not the lunch bucket fantasy grit myth that Toronto has fallen in love with. We deserve better. It's starts with the excuses stopping.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I bet they're happy to be in the easier east.

Our Leafs also. ;)

Minnesota Wild are the 1st wild card team in the West and have 96 points

Leafs have 84 points (-12 points) behind Wild in a Conference with only 14 teams.

East has 2 more teams but Buffalo 51 points (30th overall) & Florida 64 points (29th).. The East Conference has 2 more teams but they're also the bottom 2 teams of the NHL.

Did Buffalo and Florida cheat the Leafs out of a playoff spot with uneven Conferences?

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
our defense is **** and our players are a bunch of lazy ****s and this is what you come up with :facepalm:

I have to say that I believe that the defense is crap because the team plays lazy...cause and effect:help: This is a very talented Leafs roster that for whatever reason lacks work ethic.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Boy, when we said "Blow it Up" in 2005 during the 1st lockout or this is going to get ugly, I don't know if I knew it would be this ugly 10 years later.

shame they didn't listen to us

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Looks pretty dumb now. I think we are in if detroit and columbus were still in the west. The fact that two extra teams are fighting us now makes this bullcrap.

Who cares? If we were legitimate SC contenders, this wouldn't affect us at all. We're a bubble team. Even if we squeaked in, we wouldn't be winning the SC.

We need to stop worrying about squeaking in as a crappy team, and actually aim to be a contender.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
agree it is a joke, but i am not making this excuse, we were 0-3 vs columbus and terrible vs detroit, unacceptable

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI

Thats like saying if Toronto were in the West- they would have a chance to make playoffs

Weak Sauce right there buddy...4 pts out of last possible 24pts doesnt mean much to you i guess:shakehead

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
I think the league needs to alternate. Next year there should be 16 teams in the west and 14 teams in the east.

We need to have the following 14 teams in the east:

Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Florida, Edmonton, Calgary, NYI, Buffalo, Winnepeg, Nashville, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Carolina, and Dallas.

Then we would make the playoffs.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
In terms of sheer probability, it is tougher to be top 8 in a group of 16 than a group of 14, but that completely ignores the quality of the teams within each group.

The western conference has 7 teams pushing 100 points, including a wild-card team. If they played in the west, they would be competing for a lottery pick, not a playoff spot.

They have a lottery ticket thanks to the new rules.

To the OP complaining about the 16 - 14.

The Leafs are 11th out of 16

In your "fair" world, the best they could do is 10th out of 15

Even if the East had the advantage the best they are is 9th out of 14

None of those is 8th

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think the league needs to alternate. Next year there should be 16 teams in the west and 14 teams in the east.

We need to have the following 14 teams in the east:

Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Florida, Edmonton, Calgary, NYI, Buffalo, Winnepeg, Nashville, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Carolina, and Dallas.

Then we would make the playoffs.

Nah, lets just take it all the way so that every non-playoff team is in the same conference (14 teams) and every playoff team is in the other conference (16 teams).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad