GDT: #16 | Pens v Blue Jackets | 11/13/15 | Return of the Torts | 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Their record does not reflect negative trends though. The team is boring and some lineup decisions are frustrating as hell. But does the team have to win a certain way to appease the posters here? For me personally the wins are enough for now. I still think Johnston needs more time to work with this team.

Actually their record under johnston compared to the past does reflect a negative trend, like literally the definition of the word, both regular season and post (yes it's a small sample size), but that's not the point.

I'm not stating bylsma's system was the right system, no where in that statement was a word of praise mentioned. Bylsma's system being a failure doesn't prevent johnston's system from being demonstrably worse, especially for the makeup of this current roster.

I couldn't care less about how entertaining they play, only if it's the system that both best matches their roster makeup and thus gives them the best chance to succeed. Goal differential is historically one of the best indicators of future success, and I believe they're limiting their potential goal production by a greater degree then they are preventing potential goals against.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Man, Hornqvist is HEATED.

Busts his ass all night, does everything he can to help his team win, is beaten to **** non-stop, and to no avail. I'd be furious too.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Have a feeling JR is going to swing a trade for a dman soon. Our d is disastrous at moving the puck, and it's killing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad