GDT: #16 | Pens v Blue Jackets | 11/13/15 | Return of the Torts | 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
cbj_friday13_zps0m4l2ugb.jpg~original

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
The "so we think our defense is bad" matchup. If we can't score against this team, especially if Scuds sits, there is something wrong.

Have we received any Geno news yet? In or out?

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
Nice GDT!

It's easy to dislike the Flyers west, I'm delighted to see that they have struggled so badly to open the season.

I'm sure that Hartnell and Dubinsky will do their stuff, at least that will give their fans something to cheer for. Hopefully the Pens aren't dumb enough to take the bait.

Last edited:

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
This team is gonna rough our puffs up pretty good. Hopefully we get the win, and escape without any injuries

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020242&navid=nhl:topheads

"I don't really know what's going on," Cole said. "We're the last people to find out what's going on. Whatever the case may be, whatever we've done thus far hasn't been good enough so we're obviously looking to turn that around right away."

Torts trying to build accountability by showing the locker room it starts from the top. He's benching Murray to make a point.

That sends quite a message through the locker room that accountability is a main focus. Also a reason why Torts can lose a team quickly if he chooses to do that too often. You have to send the RIGHT message. I think this is a good one by Torts.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
Steigy must be so excited. He'll get to say "Boone Jenner" 50 billion times again.

Fortunately the Jackets are in the east now, otherwise there's the possibility that during the SCF against the Pens Steigy would have a June b o n e r.

And ***** being censored is pretty funny

Heliarclee

Nov 12, 2013
I read the opposing teams GDT before almost every game just to get a feel of their view of the Pens. I havn't read the BJ's for this game yet, but it seems everyone feels it will be the game the Pens break out offensively. It hasn't happened yet. Someday......Someday we will score more than 4 goals in a game.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
You know, one of the issues this team has is overthinking and unfamiliarity. That is far from all of them but those two should get better by seasons end...

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I read the opposing teams GDT before almost every game just to get a feel of their view of the Pens. I havn't read the BJ's for this game yet, but it seems everyone feels it will be the game the Pens break out offensively. It hasn't happened yet. Someday......Someday we will score more than 4 goals in a game.

I mean everyone can keep expecting it.. it's not as if the Pens are going to break out tonight then go on a tear. What we've seen this year? Last year post-break. This IS the Pens! This is Johnston's system. He wants to win 2-1 games. There will be games, perhaps tonight, that we will score 4+ goals. Because we have great individual talent. But this is the norm. I couldn't disagree with it more. But it's how it's going to be.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sadly (for CBJ fans) this has been enough to win against them most nights.

For anyone who doesn't know, DSL is our resident steeler yinzer. So if he's posting in the GDT, be welcoming. He's always welcomed.

I've posted in other gdts before and I know some fans immediately get pissed for some reason. :laugh:

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
For anyone who doesn't know, DSL is our resident steeler yinzer. So if he's posting in the GDT, be welcoming. He's always welcomed.

I've posted in other gdts before and I know some fans immediately get pissed for some reason. :laugh:

I'd say that this board is pretty decent with fans of other teams unless a rival is giving advice or blatantly being antagonistic. That's not always reciprocated of course, but it doesn't matter.

I wasn't referring to the CBJ board as not being reciprocal in that way... I used to read DSL's posts about the Jackets when I lived in Hilliard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad