GDT: #16 | Pens @ Caps | Wed. Nov. 16 | 7:30pm | Spy vs. Spy

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'll just go ahead and leave my track record here of being right about the pulse of the team..... :laugh::sarcasm::popcorn:

And I'll put it against my track record, my friend. :laugh::sarcasm::popcorn:

This isn't a one off. I mean, this ugly may be a one off, but the vibe or pulse or whatever you want to call it is not right.

Maybe they can flip the switch, but there's just so much complacency, from July until now, from players to coaches to management.

Then again, I didn't like the decision to stand pat, so hopefully it's just bias from that and not me being right. :D

Fleury looks done here

Fleury was done here 5 months ago. Kunitz too.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Flower doing his typical carrying of the Pens when we play like garbage. Clearly the teams mvp.

If he came in here and saved this terrible effort his value might have spiked - he knows what he's doing.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
he means you are very negative. like beyond a reasonable negative, which would be glass half empty.

OK so I am negative unreasonably negative, I was like this with MJ, with Bylsma's crappy play, I was extremely positive when Sully was losing first four games because there was system, there was a game, effort, I don't care about results I care about process at this stage of season, and when someone claims that we have been playing well, I have different standards for what that means, this has lack any consistency or any signs of good performance.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
When this team decides not to show up - Habs/Preds/Caps - they really don't show up. Chirst, what a pathetic, gutless performance.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
yGYLfN3.gif

Omfg... :laugh:

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Game is over ands the craps are still trying to pile it on. Goes to show why they're a joke of a franchise.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And I'll put it against my track record, my friend. :laugh::sarcasm::popcorn:

This isn't a one off. I mean, this ugly may be a one off, but the vibe or pulse or whatever you want to call it is not right.

Maybe they can flip the switch, but there's just so much complacency, from July until now, from players to coaches to management.

Then again, I didn't like the decision to stand pat, so hopefully it's just bias from that and not me being right. :D

Fleury was done here 5 months ago. Kunitz too.

There is no way in hell you were claiming we could win the Cup in 2009. Put that one on the ColePens list. And you weren't even a real member of the Despres love club.

Gtfo. :D

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
OK so I am negative unreasonably negative, I was like this with MJ, with Bylsma's crappy play, I was extremely positive when Sully was losing first four games because there was system, there was a game, effort, I don't care about results I care about process at this stage of season, and when someone claims that we have been playing well, I have different standards for what that means, this has lack any consistency or any signs of good performance.

there's negative, and then there's saying we are playing better than maybe 5 other teams. That's unreasonably negative.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
When this team decides not to show up - Habs/Preds/Caps - they really don't show up. Chirst, what a pathetic, gutless performance.

Minnesota too.

And, some of the wins, those were kind of light switch flipped games rather than solid efforts throughout or close to throughout.

Team has been in cruise control most of the year. Coaches too. And management.

There is no way in hell you were claiming we could win the Cup in 2009. Put that one on the ColePens list. And you weren't even a real member of the Despres love club.

Gtfo. :D

I was more a lurker here in 2009. As for the Despres love club, I absolutely was in it you SOB. :laugh:

Look, all seriousness, I don't like the vibe. Haven't liked the vibe since 2009 EXCEPT for last season, when I remember someone asked if I thought the Pens could do it and did a A Few Good Men spoof to say yes.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Surprised that Letang isn't a -7 already. He has been turrible

Somehow they singled him out for praise on NBC a few minutes ago. I thought I was hearing things because he's been so all over the place.

Welp, they've got six goals but we've still got the cup. And three more to boot. And it's one game. A horrible game but just one game. Roll on Friday

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Minnesota too.

And, some of the wins, those were kind of light switch flipped games rather than solid efforts throughout or close to throughout.

Team has been in cruise control most of the year. Coaches too. And management.

I put the Wild as more of a meh, garden variety loss. The three on the road have been spectacular disasters.

But yeah, they've been somewhat lackadaisical all year.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I put the Wild as more of a meh, garden variety loss. The three on the road have been spectacular disasters.

But yeah, they've been somewhat lackadaisical all year.

I think that is a good description, the lack of sustained possession cannot be anything but lack of skating and hustle, its not like they forgot how to play, or have to play a completely different system...
same lines same set up

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm ok with this game being as embarrassing as it can be honestly. I don't want them to leave this game with anything resembling a positive feeling.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it at all levels.

EDIT: Calling it a night. Someone else handle the PGT please. Cheers gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad