16-17 Art Ross race

Status
Not open for further replies.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bergeron seems to be heating up which helps Marchand

After Bergeron's slow start, since Jan. 1, he's put up 21 pts. in his last 17 while Pastrnak has put up 20
They've been doing all the heavy lifting for Boston - so we'll see if that changes with Cassidy.
Marchand's also on the 1st p.p. unit now, which he never has been.

Not saying he'll win - but is one of the most unlikely players you'd think would be in the hunt. Well him and Scheiffle.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Yes, Malkin just as likely to win Art Ross as Crosby which is why he is not a sleeper pick :) Malkin is very logical conventional pick

Agree with this, he's not much of a "sleeper" pick. I picked him from day one of the season and I'm sticking with it.

Would be cool if Backstrom were to win it though.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
After Bergeron's slow start, since Jan. 1, he's put up 21 pts. in his last 17 while Pastrnak has put up 20
They've been doing all the heavy lifting for Boston - so we'll see if that changes with Cassidy.
Marchand's also on the 1st p.p. unit now, which he never has been.

Not saying he'll win - but is one of the most unlikely players you'd think would be in the hunt. Well him and Scheiffle.

Watching Marchand over the past year or so it's clear to see he's improved quite a bit. I think he's a legit elite player now.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Crosby got held pointless against the crappy Avalanche. If you can't score on the Avs, you probably don't deserve to win the Art Ross. :sarcasm:

Fondue

Apr 25, 2007
Brooklyn
Very interesting race developing.

So McDavid got caught. They're only 3 points ahead of the pack. Lots of time still left.

I think at this point, McDavid/Crosby have the highest chance of taking it, but I would love to see a third guy run in and steal it.

Burns or Backstrom would be perfect. Malkin taking it would be pretty awesome, too.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
Another injury for the Pens. Sheary, Rust and Hagelin all injured wingers..

This hurts Crosby, losing both of his regular wingers. Especially Sheary because they had some strong chemistry going. Oh well, Sid has to just fight through.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Do we know for sure that Malkin is going to play tonight? 6 points behind, although with the same amount of games played as Crosby, Is a lot at this point. He really need to show hes back close to 100% or hes out of the race.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Race tied, 60 each for Crosby & McDavid.

Thought Crosby would have jumped ahead with the Oilers bye week. Oilers back in action Saturday like the Pens. Should be a fun finish to the regular season.

Even though Connor was held scoreless against Montreal IMO it was his best game in awhile. Hopefully he builds off of that game and puts up some multi point games.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Malkin missing another game, I hope both Crosby and McDavid stay cold. It seems he still needs more awards to be in the HOF...

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Pittsburgh missing Sheary, Rust (both Crosby's linemates), Malkin and Hagelin is definitely going to slow Crosby's production.

Good on Backstrom. Playing phenomenal lately.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Crosby didn't get pts vs Avs/Yotes is a bad miss opportunity, although his linesmates are gone. Backstrom now also has a serious shot.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Pittsburgh missing Sheary, Rust (both Crosby's linemates), Malkin and Hagelin is definitely going to slow Crosby's production.

Good on Backstrom. Playing phenomenal lately.

:laugh:

How long has it been since Sheary and Rust were both used as living proof of how Crosby can carry a line? 1 week?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Crosby didn't get pts vs Avs/Yotes is a bad miss opportunity, although his linesmates are gone. Backstrom now also has a serious shot.

one advantage Backstrom has right now is that his team is scoring just an absolute avalanche of goals. tonight was the Caps' eleventh straight home game scoring 5 goals or more. Ties the NHL record held by 1970-71 Bruins. The high-octane offense teamwide has helped Backstrom continue to pile up the 3-pt games lately.

plus, the Pens have been hit hard by the injury bug. Which probably affects 87's productivity.

still, as much as i'd love to see a dark horse like Backstrom or even Burns (!) win the Art Ross, i have a hard time it won't end up being either 87 or 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad