Proposal: 15OA vs 5 deals

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
No idea what Nylander’s actual value is given that heavy contract and the leafs current cap crunch.

Leafs probably say yes to the Kapanen one.

Oilers definitely tell you no.

Doubt the islanders are interested in losing leddy for 8 spots in the draft.

Panthers are looking to add D not subtract so that one is just poorly thought out.

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Sekera looked like a decent top 4 dman by my eye when he returned, granted I didn't watch a lot of games by that point. I wouldn't view him as a cap dump whatsoever.

You're essentially suggesting 8th overall and a top 4 dman for 12th overall.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Sekera looked like a decent top 4 dman by my eye when he returned, granted I didn't watch a lot of games by that point. I wouldn't view him as a cap dump whatsoever.

You're essentially suggesting 8th overall and a top 4 dman for 12th overall.

Oil fan weighing in. He looked ok, but just ok. He was an average skater before the injuries, so I’d say below average now. Great poise and patience with the puck, but that’s about the only area he still grades above average.

Not a 5.5 mil Dman anymore, but still not sure I’d do the proposed deal. If we’re trading back, I want to gain an asset (8th for Kreider+ WPG 1st seemed agreeable to both parties).

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Yeah that 3rd one makes absolutely no sense for us. Sekera at this point is still a good bottom pairing guy that can move the puck and mentor our younger guys coming up like Jones/Bouchard/Bear. Not worth it at all to move down 7 spots only to clear up 5.5 for 2 years of a contract that isn't hurting us as bad as others.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sekera doesn’t have negative value, he’s still a good defenceman. Was really finding his game by the end of the season. Edmonton passes.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
If I help TO by taking Vanilander and his 7.9 mill contract off there hands and making Dubas life easy in resigning Marner, it's for at most, a 2nd and a 3rd with a prospect like Hudon.

No more.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think the player the Habs should target in a trade for the #15 OA is Markus Nutivaara. He's a top 4 D with top pair upside, something he won't get to exercise in Columbus. He was Finland's top PP guy in last year's Worlds but doesn't get any PP minutes competing with Werenski and Jones. I think he instantly becomes a D the Habs play 24 minutes a night, in all situations.

I don't know if the price is quite right, Columbus might want a bit more, but the player would fit in Montreal perfectly.

Noldo

May 28, 2007
I think the player the Habs should target in a trade for the #15 OA is Markus Nutivaara. He's a top 4 D with top pair upside, something he won't get to exercise in Columbus. He was Finland's top PP guy in last year's Worlds but doesn't get any PP minutes competing with Werenski and Jones. I think he instantly becomes a D the Habs play 24 minutes a night, in all situations.

I don't know if the price is quite right, Columbus might want a bit more, but the player would fit in Montreal perfectly.

I would suspect that the price would be quite far from right. In abstract terms 15OA could be valid price for Nutivaara, but in their current situation I suspect that Nutivaara is far more valuable to Columbus than a first rounder.

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
Curious what leafs fans think of that Nylander one. What’s his value?

I wouldn't trade Nylander.
A) He is a very talented hockey player that helps the Leafs win
B) His trade value is at its lowest point right now

I would do the Kapanen deal though.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
15OA and Armia/Shaw vs Nylander
15OA vs Kapanen
15OA vs 8OA and Sekera
15OA vs 23 and Leddy
15OA vs Matheson
I wouldn't trade anything of value for nylander
Kapanen is not worth a 1st
Oilers probably won't trade down to get rid of sekera
Isles shouldn't trade leddy for that
Matheson is a 1st that is already working, why trade him for another magic bean?
M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad