Star of the game is definitely Marty Jones

jonesie2_zpspe0isdtj.jpg

He was good.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Karlsson on TV postgame interview:

- they fought hard the whole game, Flyers were in their zone a lot, but the Sharks finished at the other end
- Donsoki did the exact same thing in morning practice and Karlsson scored, perfect pass out there
- Karlsson was exhausted at the end of his shift
- [on recent winning streak] they work hard, stick to the game plan, great forecheck, score on the opportunities they got; goaltending good too
- good game defensively tonight, they didn't get much but when they did, Jones made great saves, we need it on the road, we need to take advantages of the chances that we get

Donskoi on radio postgame interview:

- [not sure what he was saying about the last play]
- felt good in the 3rd period, Flyers were playing good and pressing hard, but happy with how the team defended, stuck to game plan, that's the main thing that led to victory
- amazing game by Jones, he's won the Sharks a lot of games and he did it again tonight
- long trip, easier when you win games and everyone's happy

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If anything, he hasn't been the positive standout of the line in a while.

Well that's my point. Thornton is a superstar. He's been very quite outside of the Boston game, which I have a feeling he got up for.

Still, they're winning games without a typically-dominant Thornton and with an injured Couture.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Yeah he did.

G. Post needed a star too.

Well hard to be the guy in a game that had so many guys with multiple points. :laugh:

I get the point, but I don't think Thornton has been that bad, either. Just not what we're used to seeing out of him.

It wasn't a work of art but given that the Flyers in general outskated the Sharks I think thornton did okay.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
eh wouldn't call it terrible personally. i think others were further off their games than him.

jones was GREAT

I don't recall seeing Brown or Haley at all in the 3rd. What happened?

benched because suck. normal thing deboer does

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad