GDT: 151013 Sharks @ Capitals 4pm CSNCA

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Regarding Phu's post: As I posted earlier in the GDT (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=107953677#post107953677), putting in conditional guesses isn't allowed. It's essentially making two predictions and goes against the spirit of the SNOG. Editing the post before puck drop so that there's one entry would have been fine.

snogwin.jpg

2015-2016

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Oct. 7 at LA| CanadienShark | Sharks 5-1
Oct. 10 vs ANH| crzymexicanbeer | Sharks 2-0
Oct. 13 at WAS| none | Sharks 5-0

2015-16 Standings
---------------------
T-1) CanadienShark, crzymexicanbeer (1)

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Regarding Phu's post: As I posted earlier in the GDT (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=107953677#post107953677), putting in conditional guesses isn't allowed. It's essentially making two predictions and goes against the spirit of the SNOG. Editing the post before puck drop so that there's one entry would have been fine.

yeah except i wasn't around for the puck drop, nor your reply.

that was not a guess, it was a real entry based on the condition of if ovechkin played. i could not have claimed it if ovechkin played, nor the other one if that was the result tonight. so it is not two predictions. it is one prediction.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
yeah except i wasn't around for the puck drop, nor your reply.

that was not a guess, it was a real entry based on the condition of if ovechkin played. i could not have claimed it if ovechkin played, nor the other one if that was the result tonight. so it is not two predictions. it is one prediction.

SNOG. Serious business...

You were online at 3:30, so you had time to edit your post regardless of a reply from Drunk (a user already said Ovechkin was out by then).

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Jones on TV postgame interview:

- team is doing a good job on both sides of ice, not a lot of time in own end except maybe third period today
- team is doing a great job in front of the net, helping him to see pucks, doing well in front of the goal on both sides of the ice
- good support in first and second period make life easier
- there's always stuff to work on in practice, they've done a good job in the D zone, they have to stick with how they're playing, keep up the forecheck because then they don't have to play as much defense

Mike Brown on radio postgame interview:

- they played solid throughout the game, they broke out, Tierney got it on the boards, Brown was thinking just drive the net and he banged it home
- long season, still a lot of games left, great to start 3-0, but they've had good starts in the past, have to stay consistent, stick to game plan, focus on things they're doing right
- they've been stressing that best defense is keeping puck in offensive zone, they've been working on getting to net, screening goalie, maybe two guys screening in puck, as long is they get the puck to the net and somebody is in front, that's what they need
- Jones made some tremendous saves, got them out of trouble, was good in last couple minutes, they just have to keep going, don't get too high or too low, good to have him back there

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Great game again.

Fun stat- we have no negative +/- players so far this year lol.

Also Thornton is 4th in shots on the team and tied first in Goals, I want to give deboer a medal right now for whatever he's told Thornton to finally get him to shoot.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Great game again.

Fun stat- we have no negative +/- players so far this year lol.

Also Thornton is 4th in shots on the team and tied first in Goals, I want to give deboer a medal right now for whatever he's told Thornton to finally get him to shoot.

Ah well, his last goal wasn't really a shot.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Kind of wish Washington had gotten a goal. They got screwed on two of them and I don't feel all that great about this shut out. It was a good win but Tim Peel should retire.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
Fun game to be at. Was in section 431 with some other Sharks fans. Sharks played a pretty damn good road game and Martin Jones continues to impress me. Would loved to have seen what Washington could have done against us at full strength, but I'll take the win!

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG follow-up

After consulting with my fellow Sharks mods, I'm sticking with the no-SNOG decision. Following points of discussion were made:

- Double-checked on whether conditional SNOGs have ever been allowed. They haven't.
- The SNOG is basically like fantasy sports. Like setting your roster before the game, you have you set your prediction and stick to it, no takebacks or conditions.
- Like in fantasy, research the status of star players or starting goalies before the game. Actually, if you're a Nostradamus, you should be able to predict the status of said players and make a prediction based on that.
- It'd be too much work to determine SNOGs if conditionals are allowed, and it'd be unnecessary work for the aforementioned reasons.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
After consulting with my fellow Sharks mods, I'm sticking with the no-SNOG decision. Following points of discussion were made:

- Double-checked on whether conditional SNOGs have ever been allowed. They haven't.
- The SNOG is basically like fantasy sports. Like setting your roster before the game, you have you set your prediction and stick to it, no takebacks or conditions.
- Like in fantasy, research the status of star players or starting goalies before the game. Actually, if you're a Nostradamus, you should be able to predict the status of said players and make a prediction based on that.
- It'd be too much work to determine SNOGs if conditionals are allowed, and it'd be unnecessary work for the aforementioned reasons.

Since we're discussing the nuances of SNOGs, how do you treat scoring plays that are changed postgame? What if someone had a tie but the scoring change would have put them over? (Somewhat sarcastic, somewhat serious :sarcasm:)

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
The no goal call was technically correct by the rule. Sucks but we should be praising deboer for catching it. I wouldn't have challenged that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad