Post-Game Talk: #15 | Stars 5, Flyers 1 | November 13, 2022

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Facts is facts. You can't make up your own facts just because the real facts contradict your opinions.
But the stats you are citing are not representative of individual play but using them to rip Frost basically every chance you get.

They have given Tippett a couple games with top line talent, top pp time and don’t bench him after he makes massive mistakes. Who knew that would give him confidence.

Meanwhile with Frost, he’s sat after he makes a mistake, his line is constantly skipped, he plays with Nic Delsauries. He was sat in his hometown when his family came to see him. Who would have guessed his confidence would be shot.

There’s no doubt Tippett looks better than Frost right now, but the situations are vastly different. That’s not even a debate.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You think Frost has played as well as Tippett? In what univers
But the stats you are citing are not representative of individual play but using them to rip Frost basically every chance you get.

They have given Tippett a couple games with top line talent, top pp time and don’t bench him after he makes massive mistakes. Who knew that would give him confidence.

Meanwhile with Frost, he’s sat after he makes a mistake, his line is constantly skipped, he plays with Nic Delsauries. He was sat in his hometown when his family came to see him. Who would have guessed his confidence would be shot.

There’s no doubt Tippett looks better than Frost right now, but the situations are vastly different. That’s not even a debate.
Tippett earned his time, it wasn't just given to him. He's been playing aggressive and making plays, even his mistakes were mistakes of aggression.

It isn't that Frost is making mistakes, it's that he's not making plays, and he's played with top six forwards, it was only a couple games on the 4th line. He just disappears for long stretches, like today's game. At some point you run out of excuses, I'm just looking for him to make some plays - he's just too passive. He's a center, he's supposed to be driving his line, not waiting for his linemates to feed him the puck. I wouldn't care if he was making plays and his linemates were flubbing passes, but that hasn't been the case.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
June 25th, 1876: Custer‘s last words to the troopers:

”It’s us against them…just do it boys!”

July 3rd, 1863, during Pickett’s Charge:

Captain R. McNitt to First sergeant J. Kearns both of the 1st PA Cavalry Regiment: “ no fking heathen Catholic potato head, drunken horse thieving Irishman is going to marry a pure and holy Presbyterian Scottish woman!”

50 years later: M. McNitt marries J. Kearns. Has 10 kids in 10 years. My mom was number 7.

Upshot: never say crap that will haunt you.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

Tippett earned his time, it wasn't just given to him. He's been playing aggressive and making plays, even his mistakes were mistakes of aggression.

It isn't that Frost is making mistakes, it's that he's not making plays, and he's played with top six forwards, it was only a couple games on the 4th line. He just disappears for long stretches, like today's game. At some point you run out of excuses, I'm just looking for him to make some plays - he's just too passive. He's a center, he's supposed to be driving his line, not waiting for his linemates to feed him the puck. I wouldn't care if he was making plays and his linemates were flubbing passes, but that hasn't been the case.
Again, you're just making things up. Tippett got injured in game 1, but the next game back he played 18mins of ice time. In fact, of his last 9 games there's only 1 game where he played less than 15 mins of ice time. Frost has played over 15 mins twice, and both of those games were over a month ago. Frost has been at the bottom of the TOI charts for the last 10ish games, he's played with no real NHL talent over that time (I like Tanner, but he's still getting his feet wet in the NHL).

And it's not just Frost vs Tippett, it's him vs Laughton and Cates as other centers. Both have been absolutely MIA in the offensive zone, but still given more ice time than Frost. And, I don't read your diatribes about either of their lack of offensive production.

And, he's also playing afraid since he seems to be one mistake away from another benching.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Frost has actually outplayed Tippet some nights.

Of course you believe Bellows is a scorer and identified Yandle as being better than Ghost, so your evaluations are suspect to start with.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Again, you're just making things up. Tippett got injured in game 1, but the next game back he played 18mins of ice time. In fact, of his last 9 games there's only 1 game where he played less than 15 mins of ice time. Frost has played over 15 mins twice, and both of those games were over a month ago. Frost has been at the bottom of the TOI charts for the last 10ish games, he's played with no real NHL talent over that time (I like Tanner, but he's still getting his feet wet in the NHL).

And it's not just Frost vs Tippett, it's him vs Laughton and Cates as other centers. Both have been absolutely MIA in the offensive zone, but still given more ice time than Frost. And, I don't read your diatribes about either of their lack of offensive production.

And, he's also playing afraid since he seems to be one mistake away from another benching.

He has to make it Frost/Tippett because Tippett is a Fletcher guy and to keep defending Fletcher he desperately needs to paint the Giroux trade as anything but the loss it was.

It goes back to claims last year that Tippett was the key that unlocked Frost. This was false as well, of course.

It all comes back to defending Fletcher, as ever.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not a matter of Fletcher at all, just frustrated with Frost, do something anything. The irony is he's playing the right way, actually more physical, but nothing happens, and this has been a problem since he turned pro. There's something lacking in his game, I mean he's as fast as TK and as big, but he plays nothing like TK. Now G played a "passive" game, that is, he would hold the puck and wait for something to open up, but he was more agile and elusive and had a higher IQ and better ice vision than Frost, so it worked for him.

Tippett has been making things happen, he can play out of control, but he's been great on the forecheck, consistent on the back check, has made some beautiful passes setting up scoring chances. He uses his size and speed to make plays.

Frost hasn't been benched, but I think Torts is trying to figure out how to "light his fire," get him to use his speed and understand those big windows he had in the CHL don't exist in the NHL, so be decisive and make things happen. Don't hold the puck until someone comes and takes it away from you.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not a matter of Fletcher at all, just frustrated with Frost, do something anything. The irony is he's playing the right way, actually more physical, but nothing happens, and this has been a problem since he turned pro. There's something lacking in his game, I mean he's as fast as TK and as big, but he plays nothing like TK. Now G played a "passive" game, that is, he would hold the puck and wait for something to open up, but he was more agile and elusive and had a higher IQ and better ice vision than Frost, so it worked for him.

Tippett has been making things happen, he can play out of control, but he's been great on the forecheck, consistent on the back check, has made some beautiful passes setting up scoring chances. He uses his size and speed to make plays.

Frost hasn't been benched, but I think Torts is trying to figure out how to "light his fire," get him to use his speed and understand those big windows he had in the CHL don't exist in the NHL, so be decisive and make things happen. Don't hold the puck until someone comes and takes it away from you.

What a hilarious and willing omission of context to build a specific narrative shifting blame away from the treasured managers.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
TF are you talking about. Seriously you continue to flat out make stuff up.

In one of the FLA games, him and Allison didn’t play the entire 3rd period. He quite literally was a healthy scratch in the TOR game. His line is routinely skipped over.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

I'm not getting into the Frost debate vs any other center but playing afraid to make a mistake is no way to build confidence in a player and get him going . Confidence is 70 percent of your game .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad