Post-Game Talk: #15 | Stars 5, Flyers 1 | November 13, 2022

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

31dd9806-6372-4a1a-b6bb-db39dc6a38c3_text.gif

That sounds like a scripted line from Chuck to Torts. We tried hard, I don’t care about the score.
Such a f***ing loser mentality this franchise has.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
well hell.

they tried so its all good..

when do we roll out the 22/23 "we tried" SC trophy ??

oh wait...

no one gives a shit if you like the try hard guys Torts... ffs...
There was a part in the game where JJ mentioned Des having 14 hits the last two games. So yea thats where the org places their priority in players. Try hard, no skillz, all grinding. Women of the world one at a time please.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Remember all the bs after he got hired about wanting to coach in Philly, in this building, in front of the passionate fans? How it would be a privilege?

Yeah.
Lol for real, not he’s attacking the fan base. Whenever he brought up to boos I was laughing haha, hopefully the fans keep doing it (they have to cus the losses will keep coming) so that torts can go ape shit

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
i fell alseep in between the first and second with my feet up in the living room. but i swore the flyers were winning. i kept hearing, KONECNY SCORES!!!!!! over and over. so when my better half wakes me up and says i better get dinner going before i catch an ass whooping i looked at the score and realized i had been having sweet dreams of konecny scoring over and over again. I'm ok with it.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I'm still waiting for anyone to give me one single legitmate reason for Cates averaging 17:08 per game while Frost averages 12:26 (11th among forwards).

Spoiler: You can't.

Cates has done f***-all with the usage he was gifted, while Frost has been screwed over all year long, even though he's clearly the better player. Torts just hates skill with a passion.

Frost is a RFA after this year, hopefully he finds a way out. Would like to see what he could do with other talented players. Trade him to the Devils.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lines:
Tippett - Hayes - TK 10:30 xGF 52.16%
Laughton - Cates - MacEwen 8:54 xGF 67.99%
Bellows - Frost - Farabee 8:46 xGF 41.58%
Deslauriers - Sedlak - Laczynski 7:18 xGF 36.27%

Whine about Frost all you want, he got the same minutes as Cates, he had Bellows Cates had MacEwen.
The only play by Frost that stood out was one shot on the PP.

Flyers played the Stars even 5x5, struggled on the STs.
However, the real difference was the Stars had a better goalie, and their first line players have better hands in traffic and around the net. And the Flyers can't win a faceoff to save their life.

This is where you can see the difference the absence of JVR and Couts makes.
Stars got their goals off deflections and bounces, including one off Braun.
Flyers couldn't make those plays.

Torts is right, they played hard, they didn't embarrass themselves, they just don't have the scoring talent right now to stay in these kinds of games - they create scoring chances but can't finish them. But they don't roll over and play dead like the last couple years when they fell behind.

Some is lack of talent, some is lack of experience.

Exactly. Another example of how he is a fraud
Why. You gonna slam players for being less talented than a team with elite scorers?
Or for playing in front of a goalie who's a backup v an elite goaltender?

You can only control your level of effort and your attention to detail, you can't ask Laughton to imitate McDavid.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost is a RFA after this year, hopefully he finds a way out. Would like to see what he could do with other talented players. Trade him to the Devils.
Not much. He played with JVR to start the season and did nothing. He's a fraud.
I mean like Gagner he'll hang around for a decade, but don't think there's some hidden great player waiting to come out.
At best he might develop into a solid 3C, right now he's a marginal 3C.

I had high hopes, but Frost is 23, he's physically mature, at some point he has to start making things happen, I'm not talking about scoring in droves, just do something that I'd actually notice that he's on the ice.

The gap between Frost and Tippett grows wider every game.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lines:
Tippett - Hayes - TK 10:30 xGF 52.16%
Laughton - Cates - MacEwen 8:54 xGF 67.99%
Bellows - Frost - Farabee 8:46 xGF 41.58%
Deslauriers - Sedlak - Laczynski 7:18 xGF 36.27%

Whine about Frost all you want, he got the same minutes as Cates, he had Bellows Cates had MacEwen.
The only play by Frost that stood out was one shot on the PP.

Flyers played the Stars even 5x5, struggled on the STs.
However, the real difference was the Stars had a better goalie, and their first line players have better hands in traffic and around the net. And the Flyers can't win a faceoff to save their life.

This is where you can see the difference the absence of JVR and Couts makes.
Stars got their goals off deflections and bounces, including one off Braun.
Flyers couldn't make those plays.

Torts is right, they played hard, they didn't embarrass themselves, they just don't have the scoring talent right now to stay in these kinds of games - they create scoring chances but can't finish them. But they don't roll over and play dead like the last couple years when they fell behind.

Some is lack of talent, some is lack of experience.

Why. You gonna slam players for being less talented than a team with elite scorers?
Or for playing in front of a goalie who's a backup v an elite goaltender?

You can only control your level of effort and your attention to detail, you can't ask Laughton to imitate McDavid.

crab-cherry.gif

And of course there's the strawman arguments.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Facts is facts. You can't make up your own facts just because the real facts contradict your opinions.

You say this, and I understand it. That's why I don't do it.

But per this post you claim to also understand it. So why are you constantly making shit up to supplant reality with something conforming to your pro-management dreams?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad