GDT: #15|If You're Sad and Like Beer, I'm Your Lady|Penguins @ Jets|2.15.13|19:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
But seriously what's the point of bringing up BB to put him on the 3rd line? See what the kids got! He is top 6 material, so put him there. SKILL goes in your top 6. CREATIVITY goes in your top 6. Everyone and their mother knows Cooke isn't the long term solution so the faster you put BB in the top 6 the better. His talent is wasted on the 3rd line.

I seriously think if we traded for Perry/Iginla we would keep Cooke in the top 6 and leave whoever on the 3rd line.

Bennett-Crosby-Dupuis
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-TK/Boychuk
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Nah, it makes too much sense.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It will be interesting to see how bad Bennett "sucks" (just like Tangradi and mysteriously Jeffrey, evidently) if he goes 10 games or so without making much of a dent in the scoresheet.

I think people are setting their expectations dangerously high for this poor kid.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
A lot of skilled prospects get eased in on the 3rd line. This kid is only a first year pro.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Great GDT as always Big - I always love the way you set up the lineup.

I am strangely looking forward to hearing what the Jets fans will be chanting tonight.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
It will be interesting to see how bad Bennett "sucks" (just like Tangradi and mysteriously Jeffrey, evidently) if he goes 10 games or so without making much of a dent in the scoresheet.

I think people are setting their expectations dangerously high for this poor kid.

Maybe sucks is a harsh word but I dont think tangradi or Jeffrey will be in the NHL by the end of next year.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Not that it matters, but I guess I disagree. I think both are absolutely NHL players. In what capacity (and in DJ's case where) remains to be seen.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
How bad do we lose tonight? Last game the jets flew by us all night and outworked almost every pen.

I'm hoping we wake up quick this time and keep going.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
His first game in the NHL. Why put the pressure on him by putting him on the main scoring line with Sid?

Ease him in, zero harm in that. Give him a couple shifts with one of the big centres later in the game if possible. My only suggestion is that TK should sit a game.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
His first game in the NHL. Why put the pressure on him by putting him on the main scoring line with Sid?

Ease him in, zero harm in that. Give him a couple shifts with one of the big centres later in the game if possible. My only suggestion is that TK should sit a game.

I think it's more this string of what we know :

A. If the young player doesn't produce points, DB gives up on them pretty quick.
B. Bennett is supposed to be a passer more than a shooter.
C. If those passes are going to Mr. Mxyzptsticklick, there's not going to be any points produced.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think it's more this string of what we know :

A. If the young player doesn't produce points, DB gives up on them pretty quick.
B. Bennett is supposed to be a passer more than a shooter.
C. If those passes are going to Mr. Mxyzptsticklick, there's not going to be any points produced.

You guys act like hes gonna be put on the 3rd line for the rest of the season. He might be on 2nd line half way through the first period.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I was confused for a second...where the hell did my GDT go?!

We have a ton of stickies and GDTs are in no risk of falling down the page. I say stay the course we've always sailed when it comes to these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad