15-16 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm just happy for the first time in years, I'm not the heat magnet in the league. :phew:

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
On paper its no better than any of the other keepers and arguably worse. Theres only so many teams with enough talent to go around.

Larkin Schneider kane and lundqvist are all top notch keepers.

Kane i drafted in the what 7th round? Nobody saw his kind of year. Nobody.

Lets all stop pretending kane was this massive piece, he was basically the piece that pushed it over.

He just happened to have a career year

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

Lets all stop pretending kane was this massive piece, he was basically the piece that pushed it over.

Everybody saw he wouldve put up big numbers.
He fell from his legal situation only. Wouldve went in the first couple rounds if none of that was happening.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He fell from his legal situation only. Wouldve went in the first couple rounds if none of that was happening.

But it did happen. If he was convicted he would not even play this year. At that time it was highly possible.

It was the #1 story going

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Maybe you should focus more on your own team making the playoffs and winning a title for once. Having crosby and AO and not winning a cup must be bothering you.

I would say it's unlucky, but it's not, you lack killer instinct, making proper depth trades to push yourself over the top, this is the reason you will never win.

Let's not forget, the person who took over my team when I left, won that year, and it was my trades that put him over the top, all he did was set the line up every week.

And when Mcdavid and eichel develop, and I win the championship, I will look down on you saying the same thing. You are the San Jose sharks of this Fantasy League.

But hey, all in good fun right =)

The difference between your post and mine is:
1) I back up my statements with objective fact. Your statements are subjective, and usually heavily biased. If you make a stupid statement, I call the statement out as being stupid, and explain why.
3) I don't make it personal. I don't attack you. I attack your arguments. You try to make it personal: "you should focus" "bothering you" "you lack" "you will never" "I will look down on you" "You are the San Jose Sharks"
The closest I came to that is saying "you must be high", which is obviously a statement about your argument, and has nothing to do with you as a person (I could care less if you're actually high, it's not an insult).

But it did happen. If he was convicted he would not even play this year. At that time it was highly possible.

It was the #1 story going

Yeah, and that's why he went in the 7th. His legal troubles were over when you traded him. Vanilla is right. It's disingenuous to call him a "7th round pick", because at the time you traded him he was no longer a 7th round pick. And regardless, no one's pretending they saw this blow up coming, but to argue that the trade looks better for you in hindsight is beyond stupid, because we see what Kane is doing now (in hindsight).

Last edited:

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Too many days break. For a boring ginmick

Seriously. The NHL is so dumb. I also hate their scheduling this year. The way they booked this season is weird with a couple days of virtually no games and then everyone playing a couple days. I don't like it. Virtually everything since the lockout the NHL has done has annoyed me.

I hate to say it but I'm not sure I'm even a NHL fan anymore. I haven't watched a game since late October and I feel like the game gets more boring each year. If it wasn't for being addicted to fantasy, I don't think it'd be a part of my reality anymore. Although this probably has a lot to do with the Canucks being their most mediocre and boring since the Nonis era. I was excited about watching McDavid but looks like he's injury prone and soft as butter. I imagine he'll be run out of the league sooner than later for his own health.

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
To be fair that allstar game was good. Against all the nhl tries to ruin it.

Yeah the schedule is always ****ed up. Every year its like they plug it into some random program and take the first print out.
Earlier this season anahiem had 1 game in ten days. For no reason.

The bettman era is a complete failure. I cant imagine how a competent commish woukd run the league instead of that self indulged dinosaur.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Like today? Why is there no games today? :facepalm: I get you might want to give the all-stars a break after such a physical and intense weekend. :rolleyes: But it's absurd to have no games on a Monday after the break. Teams could individual rest their stars or the stars could just be professionals and play through it. This is what annoys me greatly because it makes the schedule stupid. I don't know why you wouldn't want a balanced schedule with about an equal amount of games being played every day so that way fans can watch different teams every day.

I'm not against the all-star game at all (I heard it was great) it's a cool tradition. But the NHL's scheduling annoys the bejeezes out of me.

I'm feeling pretty good about my team. I'm interested in moving Mason and upgrading at any position but if I don't make another move, I feel pretty good about my team. It's depressing what a poor season Number One Cop has had this year. :(

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Like today? Why is there no games today? :facepalm: I get you might want to give the all-stars a break after such a physical and intense weekend. :rolleyes: But it's absurd to have no games on a Monday after the break. Teams could individual rest their stars or the stars could just be professionals and play through it. This is what annoys me greatly because it makes the schedule stupid. I don't know why you wouldn't want a balanced schedule with about an equal amount of games being played every day so that way fans can watch different teams every day.

I'm not against the all-star game at all (I heard it was great) it's a cool tradition. But the NHL's scheduling annoys the bejeezes out of me.

I'm feeling pretty good about my team. I'm interested in moving Mason and upgrading at any position but if I don't make another move, I feel pretty good about my team. It's depressing what a poor season Number One Cop has had this year. :(

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON

Three things:
1) Bettman's job is to make money, not keep the fans happy. Sure, those two are typically correlated, but sometimes they're in opposition. In the case of your scheduling complaints, I don't really think the correlation exists. Fact is the NHL does not have a significant draw on a random weeknight for out-of-market games from a casual fan. I agree it'd be nice to have quality games every night, but I also recognize that I'm in the minority as a fan who'd appreciate that, and the NHL isn't going to make any extra money off of keeping me that little bit happier.

2) Expecting stars to play the day after the all-star game is ridiculous. They already have enough trouble getting players to attend. Making some teams play at a significant disadvantage by virtue of having poorly rested/unavailable stars, is just absurd.

3) I don't get how you're complaining about a lack of games on any given night, given that you've also claimed not to have watched a game since late October. Your arguments seem to contradict themselves (i.e. "I never want to watch hockey anymore because it's not on as much as I'd like"? lol)

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Other than goaltending my team has been great... Sadly my awesome depth is not ideal in a keeper league as it relies on me making good draft choices and waiver pickups again next year.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Three things:
1) Bettman's job is to make money, not keep the fans happy. Sure, those two are typically correlated, but sometimes they're in opposition. In the case of your scheduling complaints, I don't really think the correlation exists. Fact is the NHL does not have a significant draw on a random weeknight for out-of-market games from a casual fan. I agree it'd be nice to have quality games every night, but I also recognize that I'm in the minority as a fan who'd appreciate that, and the NHL isn't going to make any extra money off of keeping me that little bit happier.

2) Expecting stars to play the day after the all-star game is ridiculous. They already have enough trouble getting players to attend. Making some teams play at a significant disadvantage by virtue of having poorly rested/unavailable stars, is just absurd.

3) I don't get how you're complaining about a lack of games on any given night, given that you've also claimed not to have watched a game since late October. Your arguments seem to contradict themselves (i.e. "I never want to watch hockey anymore because it's not on as much as I'd like"? lol)

1 and 3) I'm complaining mainly about my fantasy team since I believe the world revolves around myself and I always screw up having my bench outscore my players on clustermuck days. And I'm whining excessively because I take a special joy in beating CRDragon and don't want my innate gift of choosing the wrong players to get in the way of my pwning him this week.

I think the scheduling is dumb because it's difficult to catch games from teams you normally don't see and I don't understand how this works with their TV contracts. For instance if there were five to eight games every night. Your team consistently playing every other night or thereabouts through a season. It would make it much easier to watch other teams' games and become a bigger fan of the overall league. The players could get into a much more consistent rhythm instead of so many odd bubbles in the schedule. I also don't understand why it's more enticing for TV contracts to make networks fight to choose 1 or 2 games on clustermuck nights instead of having a few games every night to choose from.

2) I'm confused why the league decided to Saturday/Sunday schedule and competing against the NFL Pro Bowl instead of a Friday/Saturday schedule? Is it really asking too much of a player to play an all-star game and then a league game the next day?

Also I'm being a little disingenuous by saying I don't watch games as I just bought a new house and I've been slow building my new entertainment center and getting wired for hockey. Once I get my entertainment center together, I'll probably have three hockey games going at the same time most days. But I'm still not all that interested. ;)

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
1 and 3) I'm complaining mainly about my fantasy team since I believe the world revolves around CRD and I always score having my bench outscore my players on clustermuck days. And I'm whining excessively because I take a special joy in losing to CRDragon and don't want my innate gift of choosing the right players to get in the way of my losing to him this week.

Fixed.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend

Meh, I'm used to beating you so it's not unique anymore. But it's like Joe Louis at the end of his career. Yes he's a balding out of shape living in the past has been with a glass jaw who's easy to knock the **** out. But because of his former greatness, it still means something when you knock him the **** out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad