15-16 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - VIII

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Can you explain to me the value in divisions?

I think it's a suitable upgrade to the format. I don't think there is any added value to the 4th best team getting a bye over better records.

Divisions in fantasy make NO SENSE. You'll have to convince me of why you think having a weaker team getting byes makes sense, because I can't see any.

It doesn't have to be a priority, I just think it should be changed. They're is no added to benefit to the league, especially one as small as this. But I'm willing to be proven wrong, I guess if I don't have any backing by other managers I'll know where my opinion sits in the grand scheme, but I think that's a very minor change that balances the league.
------
End of rant, hopefully I can comeback in my matchup after my gaff yesterday.

Entices more competition during the season to have two division champions. That's how it was from the inaugural season till now.

The fact one divison became "weaker" cannot be controlled. The divisions were split as evenly as possible based on previous year's regular season standings and not randomly generated. 1/4/5/8/9/12 and 2/3/6/7/10/11.

It's just how it is...

arsmaster*

Entices more competition during the season to have two division champions. That's how it was from the inaugural season till now.

The fact one divison became "weaker" cannot be controlled. The divisions were split as evenly as possible based on previous year's regular season standings and not randomly generated. 1/4/5/8/9/12 and 2/3/6/7/10/11.

It's just how it is...

How does it "entice" more competition? Winning a "division" in fantasy doesn't get you a banner to hang up in the garage. It actually entices less competition, it allocates the "power" in the league in an unbalanced way.

I can live with your ruling, its your league, I just don't see it enticing much. Watching my team steadily rise from 5th/6th best record to finish 2nd only for no value added to being the 2nd best team makes little sense.

seed them 1-12 no divisions. Best two records get byes.

If I had been here from the inaugural season we would have had this discussion 6 years ago.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Well I certainly would hope you can live with the structure of this league. Not a big deal for 6 seasons, shouldn't be a big deal now. Play within the circumstances. I'm truly sorry you didn't get the bye for being 2nd best so to call. (We won't even know, half the league's now inactive...so most matchups in the reg season were skewed regardless)

arsmaster*

Just to add, even if this weren't affecting my team I'd be advocating for those less fortunate.

It took until playoffs for me to even realize this was the case. In my fantasy football leagues we have divisions, but they're just for fun. They don't affect byes or playoff standings, they're just filler so we can name divisions funny names.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I kinda agree with Ars to be honest. It's just an element of random chance. If we had a structure where we played more divisional games, then I would agree with it (cause then overall records might not tell the whole story due varying schedule difficulties). But when we play everyone the same number of times, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Also, wow am I getting destroyed. :(

How's this for a statline from my keepers this week?
G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|BLK|W|GAA|SV%
1|5|-2|6|1|25|7|0|5.32|.818

You know I'm in trouble when Muzzin is my best fantasy contributor.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Just to add, even if this weren't affecting my team I'd be advocating for those less fortunate.

It took until playoffs for me to even realize this was the case. In my fantasy football leagues we have divisions, but they're just for fun. They don't affect byes or playoff standings, they're just filler so we can name divisions funny names.

In the other fantasy league where you are the commish, it is also structured the same way with divisional winners getting the bye.

arsmaster*

YUP. Stupid rule in that league too. Blame Y2k, or blame all the managers who don't care. It's never effected me in that league. it did in this.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
YUP. Stupid rule in that league too. Blame Y2k, or blame all the managers who don't care. It's never effected me in that league. it did in this.

Haha...sorry man, but you're seeing this through biased glasses. It affected it this year. Y2K had a worse record than HankNDank, but y2k got the bye.

Hilariously, last year you finished 3rd, but 1st and 2nd were in the same division, so you got a bye. You went on to win the title.

Also, I almost pulled off the comeback. :( C'mon stat corrections!

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
I am actually scared playing against you JD, your team put in quite the performance last week!

GL HF

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Appreciate you all keeping it warm for me until I unleash the dynasty next year. I decided to let you guys have one last year of fun before the Reign of Balls begins. You can PM me your appreciation and thank yous. :D

arsmaster*

Appreciate you all keeping it warm for me until I unleash the dynasty next year. I decided to let you guys have one last year of fun before the Reign of Balls begins. You can PM me your appreciation and thank yous. :D

I read a similar post from you when I joined.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Hey so i meant to drop silverberg not desharnais...im very drunk in portland for my bros stag and i meant to drop silverberg not desharnais. It could make a huge dif cause desharnais plays today so if a commish could drop silverberg and add desharnais that'd be amazing. If not no worries, it'll still be a great finish, i just ****ed up so stupidly I feel like CRD wouldn't even wanna win on a dumb mistake like that.

Anyways, back to the strippers, if someone can add desharnais for me and drop silverberg that'd be amazing, if not its cool :) :)

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
CRD, amazing matchup! I was sober today, albeit travelling, and it was a real fun one to watch. I only wish I had picked up someone who was playing instead of Downie, may have been able to complete the comeback! Best of luck to you and Tiranis in the finals, and I hope you enjoyed my ridiculous drunk hockey foruming. I literally left a strip club to get wifi next door and make my add/drops haha I really wanted to pull this one out!

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
CRD, amazing matchup! I was sober today, albeit travelling, and it was a real fun one to watch. I only wish I had picked up someone who was playing instead of Downie, may have been able to complete the comeback! Best of luck to you and Tiranis in the finals, and I hope you enjoyed my ridiculous drunk hockey foruming. I literally left a strip club to get wifi next door and make my add/drops haha I really wanted to pull this one out!

If this was facebook, I would have "liked" this post.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver

It was tight JD, definitely could have gone either way.

Rematch of last year's finals!

GL HF Tiranis

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
No clue about my keepers now, deciding between 4-5 rookies as well (Stone, Hoffman, Hammond, Ekblad, Reinhart)

1. Tyler Johnson
2. Logan Couture
3. Nick Foligno
4. Duncan Keith
5. Jimmy Howard
6. Kari Lehtonen
7. Nugent-Hopkins/Okposo/Faulk
8. Mark Stone
9. Ekblad/Hoffman/Hammond/Reinhart

Also I just realized how much dropping Hudler hurt me...Can't believe he ended up top 10 in scoring, and put up such a huge week for CRD vs me in the post-season :( haha

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
There goes another season in our league. Lets look forward to big changes to get everybody back and active next season.

Here's an update on the record books:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad