147th Overall - C Daniel Audette

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Perspective.

If we had a roster full of NHL average sized players combined with Hamilton full of NHL average sized players and a prospect pool with NHL average sized players, drafting Audette would make sense since his dad is connected with the Habs and he is a good ole Quebec boy.

But that's not reality. The Habs are loaded with undersized players, same as the Bulldogs, same as our prospect pool.

The LA Kings, Stanley Cup winners, only had one player under 6' tall. Mike Richards, 5'11" 200 pounds.

Go Audette Go!!:help:

I seriously doubt Dustin Brown is 6'0. Maybe 5'10. And I just realized he has the same birthday as me. Ew. Least favourite player in the league, by far.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Leave it to the Habs to have the irresistible desire to draft a small french canadian.. never fails.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Courtesy of DraftBuzz:

Daniel Audette Sherbrooke C
Playing for the worst team in the QMJHL turned this potential gem into a pumpkin for DB. Something unraveled with Audette as the year went on. He stopped looking like a small dynamo who would dominate possession and was just a small guy unable to make the same impact. Still, gritty, and ultra talented he needs to find himself to have a shot at regaining standing as a legit prospect and not a dud.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Meh, are we done with Audette? Highly speculative pick, only reason he's getting so much attention is his place of birth.

He has a lot of work to do before he can be seriously have NHL-worthiness. He can be as short as he wants or grow as much as he wants, it's totally irrelevant.

These comparisons with Gallagher are a real joke -- two different temperaments and styles of play. Plus, just cause Gallagher made it as a 5th rounder, doesn't mean every diminutive 5th rounder becomes Gallagher. It's a shot in the dark, if it pans out, good. If not, it didn't cost a high pick. Nothing to see here.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There is room for a small forward or two on every team. Audette seems ultra talented. Excited he was drafted.

Flockyhockey

Jul 1, 2014
Habs already have several good small skaters even in Hamilton they need to quit drafting small players.Drafting always carries some luck so why not go for tougher players.I guess i should reiterate my statement,IF the player is small he needs to be tough,example Domi's kid is a decent small player.

Small skilled players unless exceptional skaters and even then have too much downside.They almost never win board battles,they often have weak shots and/or never shoot.They are often weak in front of the net as well.

The Habs have a very big need for hard working wingers that also have a shot and go to the net hard.This Audette is NOT the type of player they need not at all,so it is a very bad pick.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He is this years underrated prospect for us, last year was Andrighetto and Reway.

Reway is back to being underrated. I wish he were going to be in camp again. He was better than Andrighetto in camp last year, even though he's a year younger. And I'm an Andrighetto fan.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Reway is back to being underrated. I wish he were going to be in camp again. He was better than Andrighetto in camp last year, even though he's a year younger. And I'm an Andrighetto fan.

Depends on your definition of better. For every great play he made, he had one terrible turnover. Definitely the flashiest prospect at camp.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Sounds good to me. I guess I won't be either. Thanks.

...no prob...if he played on even a halfways decent Q team, there's no way in H-E-double-hockey-sticks that he'd have been available in the 4th round, let alone the 5th round...like this article says:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/habs-prospects/2014/7/17/5912169/daniel-audette-steal-of-the-2014-canadiens-nhl-draft

...kid has a great shot at being one of the true steals of the draft...;)

EDIT - overlords beat me to it... :laugh:

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Habs already have several good small skaters even in Hamilton they need to quit drafting small players.Drafting always carries some luck so why not go for tougher players.I guess i should reiterate my statement,IF the player is small he needs to be tough,example Domi's kid is a decent small player.

Small skilled players unless exceptional skaters and even then have too much downside.They almost never win board battles,they often have weak shots and/or never shoot.They are often weak in front of the net as well.

The Habs have a very big need for hard working wingers that also have a shot and go to the net hard.This Audette is NOT the type of player they need not at all,so it is a very bad pick.

That player you described is not available in the 5th round. We will always need skill player, and it is not like we only draft small player.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Only picking for need is bad drafting. I want them to pick the players that are most likely to pick it to the NHL and then if they do you can trade them to fill whatever other needs you have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad