GDT: 141030 - Sharks @ Wild 5pm CSNCA

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
While the reffing was a joke, this team is horrific after the first and that is a recipe for failure. This team cannot hold a lead, at all.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
We got pretty out worked so I'll take the point.

After Saturday they get four days off I think.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
What was the review on Burn's goal for?

Goalie interference is not subject to video review. Or, did they change the rules to add this?

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Minnesota is a good team so I'll take the point. They need to give a better effort and empty their tanks against the Isles since they have 4 days off after that.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What was the review on Burn's goal for?

Goalie interference is not subject to video review. Or, did they change the rules to add this?

Toronto told them they were wrong but the call has to stand under rule titled stupidity.

My opinion, anyway.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Am I the only one in the boat in thinking neither of our waived goals should've counted?

Yes.

The slight contact on Kuemper on Demers' goal was well prior to the goal itself. Kuemper had a chance to get over and wasn't quick enough.

Hate the way games are being called.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Am I the only one in the boat in thinking neither of our waived goals should've counted?

When it happens against us for a goal. You'll change your mind.

Just like last year when they would allow it against us, then waive it off when we do it.

YoungSinatra

Fade Away
May 25, 2011
San Jose, California
When it happens against us for a goal. You'll change your mind.

Just like last year when they would allow it against us, then waive it off when we do it.
Yeah, that's true.. and I'm sure it'll happen :laugh: I was looking at it in the mindset of if Niemi got hit that slightly and gave the goal we'd be crying the same river so I'm fine with it being waived off.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I dunno, I'm not too worried about it if the last couple games are what they can do at their best. They're not getting a lot of practice time either. It's probably hard to work out the kinks in the game plan.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I dunno, I'm not too worried about it if the last couple games are what they can do at their best. They're not getting a lot of practice time either. It's probably hard to work out the kinks in the game plan.

Yup. Not worried. Just frustrated to watch goals come off the board when they should have counted.

alexander supertramp

awesome hockey dude
Jul 10, 2009
ubiquitous, Earth
Here is the official explanation:

At 3:50 of overtime in the San Jose Sharks/Minnesota Wild game, the Situation Room initiated a video review because the puck entered the Minnesota net. The referee informed the Situation Room that San Jose's Brent Burns made incidental contact in the crease with Minnesota goaltender Darcy Kuemper before the puck crossed the Wild goal line. This is not a reviewable play therefore the referee's call on the ice stands - no penalty and no goal San Jose.

so we can redirect our venom at the on ice referee, not Toronto!

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

At 3:50 of overtime in the San Jose Sharks/Minnesota Wild game, the Situation Room initiated a video review because the puck entered the Minnesota net. The referee informed the Situation Room that San Jose's Brent Burns made incidental contact in the crease with Minnesota goaltender Darcy Kuemper before the puck crossed the Wild goal line. This is not a reviewable play therefore the referee's call on the ice stands - no penalty and no goal San Jose.

yeah the ref blew it, clearly burns' contact had nothing to do with the puck going in.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

It clearly crossed the line before he hit the goalie. Whatever.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I'm so tired of things not being review-able. What's the logic? Is there any? It seems like that type of rule is simply an artifact from when videos weren't 4K HD and technology wasn't as good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad