Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v5) Next Game: @ Bos|May 20|7pm ET/4pm PT| Happ vs Doubront

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
If Gibbons was going to pinch hit Pillar for Gose, why not make that change last inning defensively? It didn't hurt them but if you were going to, might as well have done it when they were on defense.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
If Gibbons was going to pinch hit Pillar for Gose, why not make that change last inning defensively? It didn't hurt them but if you were going to, might as well have done it when they were on defense.

I wondered that myself, but usually managers are stubborn to let players play out an inning. It's not like Pillar is 'poor' defensively. I give him enough credit for making the switch mid-way through a game. It's usually something done in the last inning or two.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Poor management by gibbons. Happ was rocked last inning and now hammered with a 2 run hr. All of a sudden it's a new game

Happ should have been out. Hope that doesn't costs a win we should easily have.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Very little skill

Yeah those first 4 innings ere all luck. There here he struck out 5 hitters in a row. That as just terrible hitting/generous umpire. When he was throing every single pitch on that outside corner, that was just Kratz framing it to makling it look god. Terrible terrible pitcher.

Are you even serious? He has lots of skill. He just tends to lose it sometimes with his consistency. He pitched a good game today for the first part. Probably should have been taken out before this inning, he was losing it in the 5th. But that Reyes play didn't really help.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Yeah those first 4 innings ere all luck. There here he struck out 5 hitters in a row. That as just terrible hitting/generous umpire. When he was throing every single pitch on that outside corner, that was just Kratz framing it to makling it look god. Terrible terrible pitcher.

Are you even serious? He has lots of skill. He just tends to lose it sometimes with his consistency. He pitched a good game today for the first part. Probably should have been taken out before this inning, he was losing it in the 5th. But that Reyes play didn't really help.

He's not a starter. He is a long reliever. He struggles to go 5 innings almost every outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad