Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v11) Next Game: @Cin|Fri, Jun 20|7pm ET/4pm PT| Hendriks vs Latos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
RISP % strikes again.

I'm tired of Gose now. Elite defense or not, they need Colby in there as he isn't an automatic out.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Gose will be finding his way to the minors soon. Once again. Too bad his offense is so feeble. Maybe some team will want him in a trade.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Even if Gose knew how to bunt would be a big help. I don't understand how a MLB player with so much speed can't bunt.

Thats for any player with speed.

what a tool to have

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
The catching position isnt providing many extra base hits.

Unless you've got Posey or Lucroy, it's a league-wide drought for catching. After watching JP for 3 seasons, I'm just satisfied with quality defense and a couple singles mixed in.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Gose isn't going to learn anything new in the minors. What he is is what he is. If he can't hit then a 4th outfielder who can pinch run and be a defensive replacement is what he'll be. At least he walks a little more than he did last year.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Unless you've got Posey or Lucroy, it's a league-wide drought for catching. After watching JP for 3 seasons, I'm just satisfied with quality defense and a couple singles mixed in.

yeah Honestly if Pentecost can develop into a 700+ OPS catcher its a great pick. Seems like catchers with strong bats are being moved to other positions because its such a demanding position.

mikebel111*

Even if Gose knew how to bunt would be a big help. I don't understand how a MLB player with so much speed can't bunt.

Thats for any player with speed.

what a tool to have
Lol wrong on so many levels. Looks like you weren't here a couple weeks ago.
Kid can bunt and he proved that early on. He is just really struggling to hit right now
Did you not pay attention? He can bunt.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebel111*

Lets see, Gose is struggling right now but before he was playing really well, bunting small ball etc...
Now they say he can't bunt, don't make some struggling make you forget about another aspect which was proven to be good

mikebel111*

Gose isn't going to learn anything new in the minors. What he is is what he is. If he can't hit then a 4th outfielder who can pinch run and be a defensive replacement is what he'll be. At least he walks a little more than he did last year.
But he can't bunt:laugh:
Seriously Gose was playing well. Bunting well, now a struggle means he can't bunt
Its like I am dealing with a bunch of Leafs fans.

Its like me saying, Lawrie doesn't hit many home runs, I am guessing it means he has no power:facepalm:

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Lol wrong on so many levels. Looks like you weren't here a couple weeks ago.
Kid can bunt and he proved that early on. He is just really struggling to hit right now
Did you not pay attention? He can bunt.

why hasn't he once inawhile? his average is awful, and he couldn't hit in the minors either. yikes

but he does have all the speed in the world and defence is solid.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
But he can't bunt:laugh:
Seriously Gose was playing well. Bunting well, now a struggle means he can't bunt
Its like I am dealing with a bunch of Leafs fans.

Its like me saying, Lawrie doesn't hit many home runs, I am guessing it means he has no power:facepalm:

I didn't say he can't bunt. I said "if", moreso because no matter what I said it would probably start an argument that I didn't want to get into. No matter what your opinion of him is, he's been in AAA for what 3 years now? He's got nothing else to learn down there, it's just as well to keep him up here where he's at worst a decent 4th outfielder. That was my point, nothing to do with whether he can hit or not, bunt of not, walk or not, not strikeout or not, run or not, power or not, defence or not, throw or not, etc...

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Despite not being able to hit and offering virtually no power, Gose has still managed to draw 13 walks in 31 games for a .348 OBP entering this game. I think besides his inability to make consistent contact, it is his baserunning mistakes that leave a lot to be desired. Walks should turn into doubles for him but they haven't.

mikebel111*

why hasn't he once inawhile? his average is awful, and he couldn't hit in the minors either. yikes

but he does have all the speed in the world and defence is solid.
He is really struggling. I understand that. However a 2 week struggle doesn't mean he cant bunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad