Blue Jays GDT: ('14 v10) Next Game: @Bal|Fri, Jun 13|7pm ET/4pm PT| Hutchison vs Jimenez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
That really makes things a lot more interesting going forward as well because it's much easier to get a good 3b than it is a good 2b. Although I did forget we have Izturis. You never hear anything about him since his injury.

He tore his ACL or MCL and is out for rest of the season. Too bad because he looked decent before going down.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
His ERA is now under 2 on the road, I think.

While his home ERA is 8.72. 13 walks over 21.2 innings, he has LESS walks (10) with almost 40 more innings pitched on the road. Not to mention 7 home runs allowed in those 5 starts at Rogers Centre while only 3 on the road through 9 starts.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Crazy weather in Baltimore. Don't mind if they call it. Means I can focus 100% on the Cup final.

Looks like a ton of Jays fans out there btw.

They're scattered around. I'm stuck with some native baltimorons in my section. One lady said, and I quote "send 'em back south across the border!!!" The hilarious part is, that's not the least intelligent thing I've heard tonight. Always a very affluent crowd on this side of the beltway.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I wonder how much it would cost to get Ian Kennedy and Chase Headley for 4 months.

Hard to think Chase Headley has much value right now being a rental and struggling. Maybe getting out of Petco would help.

Kennedy would be a nice pick-up at a reasonable price. Should have traded for him last year when DBacks were willingly being dumb.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
The problem was the constant switch in deciding between 2B and 3B. He is still better at 3B but clearly proving he is quite good at 2B.

3B is a premium defensive position but 2B is a bit more important and yes, there are more quality of bats at 3B than 2B. For the future, I'd like to see the Jays go out get a 3B or move Jose there and find a SS.

I dont agree that 3B is a premium defensive position. Catcher, SS, 2B and C are the premium defensive positions. 3B is like the corner OF, it is very good to have great D at those positions but not absolutely essential. Your bat is as important as your D at those positions.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Hard to think Chase Headley has much value right now being a rental and struggling. Maybe getting out of Petco would help.

Kennedy would be a nice pick-up at a reasonable price. Should have traded for him last year when DBacks were willingly being dumb.

Right on both accounts. Especially in regards to the Dbacks. (hey there's still time as long as the same management are in place). Headley could be a nice add just for the sake of trying to catch lightning in a bottle. I highly doubt he'll be resigning in SanDiego.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad