GWT: EPL - Matchweek 37 (Ft. MW 34)

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Did Arsenal just try to hold on to squeeze a 1-0 game against a third of a reserve Manchester United side?

Really stupid game to play Man City deserve the title if they do that again for their remaining game.

Reactions: Jussi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They got the result, thats all that matters right now.
I mean here is the thing . The PL is going to tilt (back?) to the boring teams. There are way too many games, so maybe the best more sustainable way is just to be boring, risk adverse, and pray for clinical finishing.

No this is not some great tactical revelation, but with way too many games, with most of them for the top teams especially being scheduled moronically by the broadcasting companies, maybe that’s the best we can do now. There’s going to be a ton of games next season too for the teams in Europe. Just another example of the Prem eating itself here

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Getting the 3 was the most important thing for them. Goal difference would have been nice to put extra pressure on City to really make them nervous about a potential mid week draw with Spurs.

I'm a little surprised they didn't play harder for a second goal to keep the chances of United scoring a freak goal and stealing a draw though.

Neither team really generated anything outside of the Arsenal goal.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Getting the 3 was the most important thing for them. Goal difference would have been nice to put extra pressure on City to really make them nervous about a potential mid week draw with Spurs.

I'm a little surprised they didn't play harder for a second goal to keep the chances of United scoring a freak goal and stealing a draw though.

Neither team really generated anything outside of the Arsenal goal.
You don't count the Onana saves on Martin Nelly and Rice as goal scoring chances?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If what I read early today is to be believed, Arsenal have never won at Old Trafford by any more than 1-0 in the Premier League. Kind of wild it happened again.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Did Arsenal just try to hold on to squeeze a 1-0 game against a third of a reserve Manchester United side?

Really stupid game to play Man City deserve the title if they do that again for their remaining game.
Arsenal grind out ugly win away against United: wow, they don't deserve the title.

City grind out ugly win away against Nottm Forest: wow, they're just winners, give them the title.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wasn’t it just last year that Liverpool had a single healthy CB for a while?
In the Covid Season 2010-11, LFC had to use (I think) 26 different pairings across all comps.

There was no external sympathy

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad