14 straight vs. the Leafs. Matthews was not enough. Patches & Chucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
The effort was there.

Imagine the heat Subban would have taken within the city and around the league if he had turned the puck over the way Weber did to Matthews in overtime...Would be crazy...

Watch the play again. Weber was involved in a battle in the offensive zone. Galchenyuk should have seen it and stay behind. Instead, he decided to jump in the offensive zone, leaving no one behind. I think that was his mistake on this play.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Weber gets exploited quite often because of his lack of foot speed, we were told that he would knock people down and that other teams would fear him and that was wrong. I wonder if he was he is thankful that Carey was behind him?

What? :laugh:

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Watch the play again. Weber was involved in a battle in the offensive zone. Galchenyuk should have seen it and stay behind. Instead, he decided to jump in the offensive zone, leaving no one behind. I think that was his mistake on this play.

Exactly. Weber did fumble the puck but the defensive assignement on that play was Galchenyuk. If your defenseman pinch, you have to have someone in his back

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

If that was Subban, he would have gotten a lot of heat. Many times we've seen plays where PK wasn't at fault but because he was in the play, he got blamed.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Weber gets exploited quite often because of his lack of foot speed, we were told that he would knock people down and that other teams would fear him and that was wrong. I wonder if he was he is thankful that Carey was behind him?

So if he's getting exploited quite often he must be on the ice for quite a few goals. Can you tell me what his goals per 60m is? Or are you just making stuff up as you go along?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good old memory of the start of the season, unfortunately, we are playing aweful hockey lately, with a healthy Marner tonight, Leafs win this one IMO.

I can't argue that. Marner is an amazing player and a game changer. But I don't think we'd lose simply because he'd be playing tonight.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
If that was Subban, he would have gotten a lot of heat. Many times we've seen plays where PK wasn't at fault but because he was in the play, he got blamed.

I don't know about Subban, but if we stick to that specific play, that was Galchenyuk's fault, not Weber.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Highlight of the night:

After Matthews' 30th goal:

Il marque 30 buts pour la première fois dans sa carrière.
- Patrick Lalime

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So if he's getting exploited quite often he must be on the ice for quite a few goals. Can you tell me what his goals per 60m is? Or are you just making stuff up as you go along?

You think I am making up the fact that he is slow? He also got off to a great start this season and has not been the same player in the last 2 months so stats are like box scores, they do not always tell the whole story.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world

Maybe it's just me, but I don't associate Olli with being a good faceoff man.

edit: career 45.9% faceoff percentage and his best in a season was 49.3%, not exactly mentor worthy numbers. Can't the Habs get Malhotra for that job?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

edit: career 45.9% faceoff percentage and his best in a season was 49.3%, not exactly mentor worthy numbers. Can't the Habs get Malhotra for that job?

career avg of 46% :laugh:

Edit: you beat me to it lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Perhaps but he took thousands of faceoffs against just about every center for over a decade. I am sure he has a few tips to share

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He had an average of 45.8% in face offs. In every season of his career, he was below 50%.

And I agree about Malholtra helping out in the face off circle. They may have just approached him but maybe he refused.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON

The coaches and teachers are rarely those who were the best in the field in their day. Stephane Waite isn't an all star goalie but he helped Price to an amazing season two years ago. Gretzky was the best player in the world and look how he was as a coach.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004

I believe that is his job with the Canucks (who are top ten in faceoffs in the league).

edit: Apparently the Canucks were 30th last year in faceoffs so Malhotra has helped them big time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad