GDT: #14 | Pens vs Caps | Nov 14th 7 PM | It's Hard to Stay Mad When There Is So Much Beauty in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
One thing to note about DOC and POJ - they both don't have to clear waivers. And it's not like POJ is setting the world on fire. He may need another year of bouncing between the NHL and AHL before stepping in fulltime next year.

Sending DOC down protects assets, which given how difficult it has been to field a healthy lineup this year, is probably the wise move in mid-November.

Also, Riikola has to go down because he was recalled on emergency loan, which expires the moment the Pens have enough healthy defensemen again.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
ERod on pace for a 37 goal/31 assist season

Rumblings of teams lining up 7 year 6M contract offers in preparation.
IF he scores 30 and gets around 65 points....then yah that's going to happen. He is driving his lines, he isn't riding shotgun.

Last edited:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
With Erod being so good, maybe bump Carter to wing when Malkin comes back and have Erod be the 3C. I don't think Erod is as effective at wing, as he is at C.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Any guess on the lines tonight?

jake - Sid - rust
Zucker - carter - kap
Heinen - tb - McGinn
Zar - Boyle - Erod?

kinda sucks for Erod in this since he’s played well.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The same thing happened with our new bottom-six players last season - many of them had hot starts to the season, but most faded, except Erod after the first couple of weeks. Also, McGinn only has 1 point this month.
We had tons of production from our bottom 6 last year. Not to mention more help from the blue line.

That's why we finished with the #2 offense.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
After watching the Steelers tie the hapless Lions today, the capper on my thrilling Pittsburgh sports day would be a blowout by the Caps in which Wilson injures three Pens on one hit…

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
We had tons of production from our bottom 6 last year. Not to mention more help from the blue line.

That's why we finished with the #2 offense.
I’m talking about when many here were excited after Sceviour and Janks two good games. Immediately, people thought those guys were legit.

Also, our bottom six sucked until BART became the fourth line, not third.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
POJ is a 7th or 8th D-Man. Rikola is much better.

DOC is obviously better than ZAR, But ZAR has a spot until he's injured. Hopefully Crosby can help.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
After watching the Steelers tie the hapless Lions today, the capper on my thrilling Pittsburgh sports day would be a blowout by the Caps in which Wilson injures three Pens on one hit…
The Pens will likely lose in the SO tonight with Ovechkin getting two goals minimum. That's the equivalent.

Reactions: Andy99

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I want Carter with Sid. Rust and lazy Jake with Sid is gonna suck so bad.

Hell I'd rather see McGinn and Erod or Heinen with Sid than Rust and Guentzel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad