14 Games remaining - What/Who would you like to see?

stev0888

Dec 30, 2009
Kanata
With fourteen games left and the season essentially a lost cause, what would you like to see done?

Many Bingo players deserve a call-up, and what better time to get them some exposure to the Big team than these last handful of games. Many teams (Tor, Mon, TB, ect.), are all playing for a playoff spot so these games will be played hard, so why not give a few guys a call up to see what they can do and to give them some early exposure to help their development.

**I do realize that Bingo is in an important stretch, but it couldn't hurt to bring up one player at a time to give me a sniff**

So, your thoughts Sens fans, what players and what line combos would you like to see?

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
With fourteen games left and the season essentially a lost cause, what would you like to see done?

Many Bingo players deserve a call-up, and what better time to get them some exposure to the Big team than these last handful of games. Many teams (Tor, Mon, TB, ect.), are all playing for a playoff spot so these games will be played hard, so why not give a few guys a call up to see what they can do and to give them some early exposure to help their development.

**I do realize that Bingo is in an important stretch, but it couldn't hurt to bring up one player at a time to give me a sniff**

So, your thoughts Sens fans, what players and what line combos would you like to see?

Prince and Claesson deserve a shot this season, as long as they are back before the playoffs.

I have thought that Corey Cowick has deserved at least a sniff to see how he plays the past few seasons.

stev0888

Dec 30, 2009
Kanata
Prince and Claesson deserve a shot this season, as long as they are back before the playoffs.

I have thought that Corey Cowick has deserved at least a sniff to see how he plays the past few seasons.

Couldn't agree more, Claesson has done everything possible to deserve a sniff. Cowick is one of my favourites in the system and I'd love to see him get a few games just to see if he could someday fit as a NHL role player. I get a funny feeling that he's one of those bottom six players that wont exactly put up points , but rather be able to play his role in any league.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013

Well yeah thats not gonna happen since Phillips never ever gets scratched.

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010
Matt Puempel. No debate. Is turning into one of the most complete prospects you have. Have been very impressed in the games I've seen.
Skates, hustles, works hard, scraps, gets results. He's another player in Bingo that has the work ethic that the big team sorely needs.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
A show of faith that we are going to actively try and be a better team next year, rather than sell the "all our young players are a year older!" excuse that would try to explain away the potential scenario of why we don't make any moves in the offseason.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
A show of faith that we are going to actively try and be a better team next year, rather than sell the "all our young players are a year older!" excuse that would try to explain away the potential scenario of why we don't make any moves in the offseason.

Nothing that happens from this point forward matters. They had 5 months to prove they weren't losers. They failed. Any good play will only be motivated by desired contracts and stability. Motivation that will be gone by the start of next season. Don't be a sucker twice; trade.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Cole Schneider ☺☻☺

I would like to see Cole Schneider get a game or two in Ottawa.

He is overlooked in my view as he is Not a golden boy draft pick....................

I would also like to see Ottawa win some games down the stretch....................

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010

He is overlooked in my view as he is Not a golden boy draft pick....................

I would also like to see Ottawa win some games down the stretch....................

Agree on both fronts. He has played well as well. Harsh reality is that no one in the organization gets fired if an NCAA free agent or later round pick doesn't work out. Different story for 1st and 2nd rounders. They get a very long leash because people lose jobs if the high picks don't pan out. The ones that aren't annointed have their best shot when they go to another team where there is someone that has stuck their neck out for them.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Agree with you Zeke, would really like to see Schneider.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Would like to see Neil and Phillips scratched for a couple of games, just to see how our team would fare.

Michalek-Spezza-Hemsky
Mac-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Greening-Smith-Condra

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Claesson/Borowiecki-Gryba

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Would like to see Neil and Phillips scratched for a couple of games, just to see how our team would fare.

Michalek-Spezza-Hemsky
Mac-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Greening-Smith-Condra

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Claesson/Borowiecki-Gryba

Problem is roster size won't allow bringing up more than two players at one time.

IMO there is little room on the Sens D next year, so bringing up Claesson isn't a priority but up front there should be several changes.

So I would like to see players that haven't had an opportunity yet, like Schneider, Puempel, and Prince.

This would give Murray/MacLean a good look at all the prospects at the NHL level prior to next year.

They already know what they have in Stone, Da Costa, Pageau, Grant and Boro, this would just fill in all the blanks so to speak.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Want to see Cowen figure it out. We need him to be the guy he can be.

Want to see Greening scratched and bring up someone from Bingo. Anyone.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Problem is roster size won't allow bringing up more than two players at one time.

IMO there is little room on the Sens D next year, so bringing up Claesson isn't a priority but up front there should be several changes.

So I would like to see players that haven't had an opportunity yet, like Schneider, Puempel, and Prince.

This would give Murray/MacLean a good look at all the prospects at the NHL level prior to next year.

They already know what they have in Stone, Da Costa, Pageau, Grant and Boro, this would just fill in all the blanks so to speak.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the 23-man roster limit wasn't in effect after the deadline.

Or is that just during the playoffs?

If I am correct and the roster limit is waived after the deadline, then other than hurting the stretch run for the Bingo Sens, there shouldn't be an issue bringing guys up for a game or two to see how they do.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I'd like to see us sign Rick DiPietro to a try out contract and run with him for all 14 games, no matter what happens

jaygodard

Dec 3, 2013
Ottawa will make the playoffs!!

win 6 in a row
lose 1
Win 4
lose 1
win 2

Voila!!! brings us to 93 points, hopefully thats enough!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad