Line Combos: 14/15 Coaching Options Thread - Updated Lines/Practice/PP/PK/Captaincy

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Purely speculation on my part, but maybe Duchene's dedication to hockey makes him a bit of an outcast with his teammates. It's been seen before where some guys just take things too seriously and they don't fit in as well. You see O'Reilly, Mcginn, Barrie, Mackinnon, talbot and all those guys having fun off the ice on social media and things like that but you very rarely see Duchene doing anything outside of something hockey related or his girlfriend. It's definitely not a bad quality to have as a hockey player but it can definitely leave you on the outside a little when most of the team are more laid back (which is also not a bad quality to have)
You need to find a way to mix work with the rest of your life. Like I said, it's purely speculation but it could be possible that Dutchy doesn't fit in the "the boys" as much as some of the others.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I believe Duchene, EJ, Landeskog, and Stastny were close?

I also believe there were rumblings that the Galiardi/Stewart group teased him a lot though. Someone can correct me if that was never actually a rumour though.

Duchene is definitely more along the lines of Crosby though. I'm sure he is popular, he just doesn't need to post it all over the Internet.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dutchy and Stasnty were very close. I think Dutchy and Varly are actually pretty close too.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Purely speculation on my part, but maybe Duchene's dedication to hockey makes him a bit of an outcast with his teammates. It's been seen before where some guys just take things too seriously and they don't fit in as well. You see O'Reilly, Mcginn, Barrie, Mackinnon, talbot and all those guys having fun off the ice on social media and things like that but you very rarely see Duchene doing anything outside of something hockey related or his girlfriend. It's definitely not a bad quality to have as a hockey player but it can definitely leave you on the outside a little when most of the team are more laid back (which is also not a bad quality to have)
You need to find a way to mix work with the rest of your life. Like I said, it's purely speculation but it could be possible that Dutchy doesn't fit in the "the boys" as much as some of the others.

I agree very much. Of course I know as fans we don't know but I like to consider myself observant and sometimes I dig around for things. I'm sure his teammates like and respect him but it's true you rarely see him in the bro photos or in the twitter jokes. He was very close to Stastny and I agree seems he has a special relationship with Varly. Maybe Landy now too, who I don't see in the other group as much either.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree very much. Of course I know as fans we don't know but I like to consider myself observant and sometimes I dig around for things. I'm sure his teammates like and respect him but it's true you rarely see him in the bro photos or in the twitter jokes. He was very close to Stastny and I agree seems he has a special relationship with Varly. Maybe Landy now too, who I don't see in the other group as much either.

Watch the video on Landeskog's twitter with MacKinnon. 1) MacK looks absolutely stoned and seems to have no idea about any question being asked. But 2), when asked about forming a band, something struck out in my mind. Maybe it's far reaching, but it's widely known how much Duchene loves his guitar. But when asked about the band, Landy and MacK settle for ROR immediately, along with Barrie and Bordeleau.

Again, it's likely far reaching and I"m not trying to start anything. But it kinda gives just a tad more evidence to the exclusion of Duchene from the player-bonding outside of hockey

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
maybe Duchene could just be like most other normal people and keep to himself more. Just because he doesn't cuddle up to mackinnon and take selfies with him doesn't mean he isn't liked.

I am sure he is liked since he seems like a normal guy and most players on the avs seem like normal guys but even if the weren't it really doesn't effect the way you play together on the ice. I didn't like players on my team off the ice but sometimes on the ice they can be my best friend. This whole thing is overrated. Chemistry on the ice is what matters not off the ice.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
maybe Duchene could just be like most other normal people and keep to himself more. Just because he doesn't cuddle up to mackinnon and take selfies with him doesn't mean he isn't liked.

I am sure he is liked since he seems like a normal guy and most players on the avs seem like normal guys but even if the weren't it really doesn't effect the way you play together on the ice. I didn't like players on my team off the ice but sometimes on the ice they can be my best friend. This whole thing is overrated. Chemistry on the ice is what matters not off the ice.

Yea I'm pretty sure that's the case. Duchene has a different temperament then guys like Mack, Landy, and Barrie who like to goof around more.

Dutchy's more serious, and likes his fishing. He only lets loose when he's at the All Star Game. :sarcasm:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Look at this loner taking selfies with guys who probably don't want him to be in their fictional band. :sarcasm:

B2xVJM0CQAAR6zV.jpg

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
He's actually just photobombing here. Still a loner with no pals on the team. Only fish friends. It's too bad the Cutthroats folded.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Landy said in an interview somewhat recently too that he's been to a bunch of concerts with Duchene.

Maybe that Mack-Landy-Barrie-McGinn-O'Reilly clique isn't really much of a clique. They're just the only ones with public instagram accounts. :laugh:

member 116861

Duchene continues to steal MacKinnon's spotlight. All of Canada is crying.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I believe Duchene, EJ, Landeskog, and Stastny were close?

I also believe there were rumblings that the Galiardi/Stewart group teased him a lot though. Someone can correct me if that was never actually a rumour though.

Duchene is definitely more along the lines of Crosby though. I'm sure he is popular, he just doesn't need to post it all over the Internet.

We weren't in the room so who knows, but I'm pretty sure Gali messed with everyone. That's kinda his MO.

Dutchy has said in the past his best buddies on the team always ended up getting traded. As in multiple guys, so I would think that includes at least one of Gali or Stewart. Seems more likely it was Gali to me. I think the other was probably Liles.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Landy said in an interview somewhat recently too that he's been to a bunch of concerts with Duchene.

Maybe that Mack-Landy-Barrie-McGinn-O'Reilly clique isn't really much of a clique. They're just the only ones with public instagram accounts. :laugh:

I don't follow any of them on IG but it seems like I've seen quite a few pics of Duchene at concerts with Landeskog, EJ, and O'Reilly. Duchene has tweeted some out and people have posted them here as well.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
You do know that picture was taken by the team at the team gala, right? For $150 you can go meet the players, I guess. Maybe I'll do that some day since hell will freeze over before they have a fan fest.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Anyone care to speculate on what the forward lines will be tomorrow?

My guess...

O'Reilly - Duchene - MacKinnon

Landeskog - Mitchell - Iginla

Talbot - Cliche - Briere <--- Best line of the night, calling it...

McLeod - Agozzino - Vincour

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

My guess...

Ooof. Those depth lines are making me miss Greg Mauldin and Brandon Yip.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada

My guess...

In deep trouble if cliché is on the third line. Brings back bad memories.. Same with talbot

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I have a feeling we finally see the O'Reilly - Duchene - Iggy line and all 3 players look good tonight.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
O'Reilly-Duchene-Iginla
Landeksog-MacKinnon-Briere
Vincour-Mitchell-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Agozzino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad