Pre-Game Talk: 14/03/2013 - Georgetown @ NC State (Caps @ Canes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I'd go with Ellis.

• I believe in this strategy of alternating starts between Ellis and Peters
  • I think Peters' shutout in the previous game is good motivation for Ellis
  • Ellis is the Canes' backup, not Peters, and he needs/deserves the time in net
  • I've never thought that starting the same goalie that shut a team out previously was reason enough to start him again

Now watch Ellis give up 4 horrible goals and blow that all to ****.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
And can we please never ever ever have another thread about hockey that evens hints at college sports? With the exception, perhaps, of college hockey.

The OP's theme was fun, but you guys just don't know when to let go of off-topic chatter.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Canes are wearing their alts tonight for the 4th (scheduled) time this season.

Neuvirth will be in net for the Caps, it seems. He hasn't started since Feb. 7 and got shelled.

Glad to hear Neuvirth will be starting. Semin has a score to settle with that kid. But whoever scores, I hope they come out flying and get that first one again. Personally, I don't really like the look of the alts. I think it's too much black or something. No big deal. Does anyone recall their record while wearing the alts this year? I think there were some losses, not that I'm superstitious.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Personally, I don't really like the look of the alts. I think it's too much black or something.

My problem with them is that it's nearly impossible to distinguish the jersey number.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Glad to hear Neuvirth will be starting. Semin has a score to settle with that kid. But whoever scores, I hope they come out flying and get that first one again. Personally, I don't really like the look of the alts. I think it's too much black or something. No big deal. Does anyone recall their record while wearing the alts this year? I think there were some losses, not that I'm superstitious.

1-2-0 in the alt sweater this season.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I read in six attempts against the Caps, Ellis has never gotten a win. If that's true, it's certainly not encouraging.

Well, certainly *this* particular group of guys wearing the Capitals crest is a good group to attempt to break that trend against.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Here's hoping that Canes fans don't stoop to booing Brouwer or anyone else. Canes fans have more class than that and from what I've been reading, i.e. hoping to injure other teams players as they tank, etc. :shakehead Cheering loudly when Semin touches the puck sounds cool like this supposed grass roots group is trying to organize. A solid victory is always the best medicine. :handclap: This game should be considered a must win IMO.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Here's hoping that Canes fans don't stoop to booing Brouwer or anyone else. Canes fans have more class than that and from what I've been reading, i.e. hoping to injure other teams players as they tank, etc. :shakehead Cheering loudly when Semin touches the puck sounds cool like this supposed grass roots group is trying to organize. A solid victory is always the best medicine. :handclap: This game should be considered a must win IMO.

Well we only boo players who break other guys neck :D

But yes, it's been deemed SashaPalooza night, so the cheering will be in effect when Semin has the puck.

caniac315 said:
I read in six attempts against the Caps, Ellis has never gotten a win. If that's true, it's certainly not encouraging.

Going into Tuesday's game, we haven't won in DC since 2009. That trend was broken, so here's hoping we break another.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC

You can count me in as someone who is typically pretty reserved cheering loudly for Sasha on every touch and at every other opportunity he provides.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Here's hoping that Canes fans don't stoop to booing Brouwer or anyone else.

Don't know that we could. Does Brouwer ever have the puck long enough?

I'm still laughing at him for the last game where he tried to step into Eric while he had the puck. Eric takes the hit, casually strips the puck away and flings it down to Semin for a scoring chance. Used that dumb hick mentality against him.

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I just wanted to say that after an exhaustingly ridiculous midterm (impossible to finish), a long, tedious presentation, and a meeting for studying abroad, the canes better turn my day around and win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad