Pre-Game Talk: 14/03/2013 - Georgetown @ NC State (Caps @ Canes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
What if I don't care about State, UNC, or Duke....does that make me a bad person?

simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

Goodafternoon

Feb 2, 2013
Boone
Going to the game, I've been to about 5 games before, never seen the Canes lose in person boys better not let my streak die against the Caps.

zoodani

Oct 9, 2008
Don't care about State, UNC or Duke, but I'm from Syracuse. So I'm good with the Georgetown hate.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
You're the coach: who do you start in net, and why?

I'll stay with Pete Dawg, he was unbelievable against the Caps when they were getting good chances (ie before they gave up).

I've always liked the guy, glad to see him having some real NHL success.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Gotta go with Ellis. Peters was good on Tuesday, but I just have the feeling if he starts in this game, the Caps will be able to get by him.

You know they're studying that gamefilm hard after Tuesdays game.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Gotta go with Ellis. Peters was good on Tuesday, but I just have the feeling if he starts in this game, the Caps will be able to get by him.

You know they're studying that gamefilm hard after Tuesdays game.

He shut them out last year, too, so that game film didn't do them any good. I think you have to go with the guy who's coming off a shutout. Let's put it this way, if you're the coach, exactly what do you tell Peters about why he's not starting?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He shut them out last year, too, so that game film didn't do them any good. I think you have to go with the guy who's coming off a shutout. Let's put it this way, if you're the coach, exactly what do you tell Peters about why he's not starting?

He could say that he needs to make sure both he and Ellis are getting regular work since he is going to rely on both of them down the stretch. It's not exactly foreign territory to Peters and Ellis as they were splitting time pretty equally in Charlotte during the lockout.

SkinnerStaal

Feb 6, 2011
Charlotte, NC

Hopefully this situation won't be like Ellis' earlier in the year when he got shalacked by Philly after a solid Buffalo(?) game. This is gonna be a tough call for Muller for sure unless he laid his plan out to the Goalies before Tuesday's game

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I root for UConn, if anything, but my alma matter went D1 a couple years back so I might have to start rooting for them. Apparently they don't suck anymore. Ofcourse basketball itself really sucks so I don't really care.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Canes are wearing their alts tonight for the 4th (scheduled) time this season.

Neuvirth will be in net for the Caps, it seems. He hasn't started since Feb. 7 and got shelled.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
I could care less about the ACC. But I will soon. My boys are joining this sorry ass conference shortly.

Last edited:

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Pretty sure Ellis is starting.

Also, Muller said he is going to rotate the two, so yes Pete Dawg got the shutout, but I'm sure he understands why Ellis would start tonight. Both goalies need to stay fresh, IMHO. I wouldn't want either one sitting for too long. Rotating them is the best option.

And put me in the don't give a poo about ACC.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Pretty sure Ellis is starting.

Also, Muller said he is going to rotate the two, so yes Pete Dawg got the shutout, but I'm sure he understands why Ellis would start tonight. Both goalies need to stay fresh, IMHO. I wouldn't want either one sitting for too long. Rotating them is the best option.

And put me in the don't give a poo about ACC.

Michael Smith @MSmithCanes
Dan Ellis in the starter's crease. Ruutu, Pitkanen taking random line rushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad