GDT: #14 – Canadiens at Sabres – Wed Nov 5, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B, SN – WGR

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Am I allowed to bring up Ristolainen's perfect pass through the middle to move the puck and how on the next shift Myers put a terrible suicide pass on Flynn's stick which negated what should have been an easy breakout? Flynn got rocked in the process.

Yes.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
3 mins left and only 4 Sabres without a registered hit...

Mitchell, which surprises me.
Hodgson, which doesn't.
Gionta, which leaves me shrugging.
Stewart, which leaves me wondering why he's on the ice so much.
Hits and blocked shots are two of the most overrated stats.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Hits and blocked shots are two of the most overrated stats.

Yep. If only, as with give-aways and take-aways, not religiously (or at least accurately) tracked by the scorekeepers.

Nevertheless, it's amusing.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
3 mins left and only 4 Sabres without a registered hit...

Mitchell, which surprises me.
Hodgson, which doesn't.
Gionta, which leaves me shrugging.
Stewart, which leaves me wondering why he's on the ice so much.

Who really wants to be known for hits? It's like an exclamation point on not having the puck...

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Am I allowed to bring up Ristolainen's perfect pass through the middle to move the puck and how on the next shift Myers put a terrible suicide pass on Flynn's stick which negated what should have been an easy breakout? Flynn got rocked in the process.

While you'd be correct in that sequence, you'd also be ignoring all of the good plays Myers has made this game. One might even accuse you of having an agenda.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hodgson just gets outworked all over the ice. That pass behind the net by Stafford should have at least been a board battle but since Hodgson doesn't move his feet Gilbert (?) cuts him off with ease.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Mez leads all Sabres in ToI are were still going to get a loser point. Be afraid.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Hodgson just gets outworked all over the ice. That pass behind the net by Stafford should have at least been a board battle but since Hodgson doesn't move his feet Gilbert (?) cuts him off with ease.

Darcy really should have made him take a bridge contract.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Getting points because the opposition doesn't show up doesn't really have any redeeming qualities.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Getting points because the opposition doesn't show up doesn't really have any redeeming qualities.
Better than the Boston game where Boston didn't show up for two periods and then completely dominated Buffalo in the 3rd only to win it a few seconds in OT.

machpo

Apr 18, 2007

I winced when he led Flynn into that.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Tampa fan here

Sabres played well tonight. If they could put this kind of concerted effort in every night they could challenge for a playoff spot :handclap:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
While you'd be correct in that sequence, you'd also be ignoring all of the good plays Myers has made this game. One might even accuse you of having an agenda.

He's been a mixed bag tonight, some passes were just WTF. He's probably in between the "G" and "B" categories of the GBU, not soundly in one or the other.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Classic example of a misplay by the coach. 4.2 secs left with a drop in the ozone, and you put the only regular face-off guy above 50% into the draw (Hodgson), not the guy who is actually shooting some goals (Stafford).

Actually, even if he didn't want to take the chance on pulling the goalie, he ought to have put Hodgson in the dot with Stafford, Ennis, Moulson and Myers ready to take the one-timer.

My theory anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad