Prospect Info: #134 - Liam Dower Nilsson (C)

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
upload_2021-7-24_15-55-11.png

Love this pick. Past two help make up for our 3rd

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Euro guys I like on day 2...

Rounds 3-4:
Dower Nilsson - Just seems like an obvious Red Wings pick. Niederbach 2.0?

It had to happen. Honestly he is not Niederbach-level right now but some similarities for sure. Not yet signed with Frölunda as far as I know, would be great if he was loaned out to the Allsvenskan.

Reactions: Larkin2AA

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Still hate the 3rd round pick but the last two picks have made up for it. Love this pick. Just turned 18. His PPG in every league he’s played in is very impressive. Had a 5 game introduction with the big club. Fills a C need. What more could you ask for in this round?

I don’t hate the idea of throwing a bunch of darts and centers and hope one or two stick

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Still hate the 3rd round pick but the last two picks have made up for it. Love this pick. Just turned 18. His PPG in every league he’s played in is very impressive. Had a 5 game introduction with the big club. Fills a C need. What more could you ask for in this round?

I don’t hate the idea of throwing a bunch of darts and centers and hope one or two stick

Funny how it goes:

I had them ranked (heavily influenced by consensus)

#6 Edvinsson, 7.ranked (-1 difference)
#15 Cossa, 18.ranked (-3 difference)
#36 Buium, 59.ranked (-23 difference)
#70 Mazur, 198.ranked (-128 difference)
#114 Savage, 79.ranked (+35 difference)
#134 Dower Nilsson, 72.ranked (+62 difference)
#155 Oscar Plandowski, 93.ranked (+62 difference)

You swap Dower Nilsson/Plandowski with Mazur and that draft looks just okay.

At least we got Captain types...

Mazur is Tri-City Captain, Savage was USA U18 Captain and Dower Nilsson was Sweden U18 Captain.

Last edited:

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Loving the character picks. Obviously we can’t have a team of Zetterburgs, but I don’t think it’s a tall ask for a team of guys that will play their hearts out. Like to see that.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I like this pick. I have no serious issue with any pick we've made this weekend.

It is interesting to me that Hakan is lauded for drafting every decent prospect in a Frolunda sweater yet, according to some, any player who has stepped within a 5 mile radius of Kris Draper is a garbage pick based solely on nepotism.

This is not a knock on Hakan by the way, and I recognize his track record is going to grant him more leeway with fans. But can we maybe not lambast the kids with ties to Draper because you don't immediately love what you've read in the scouting reports? Think a bit of patience with the mid/late round guys would go a long way on this board.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I like this pick. I have no serious issue with any pick we've made this weekend.

It is interesting to me that Hakan is lauded for drafting every decent prospect in a Frolunda sweater yet, according to some, any player who has stepped within a 5 mile radius of Kris Draper is a garbage pick based solely on nepotism.

This is not a knock on Hakan by the way, and I recognize his track record is going to grant him more leeway with fans. But can we maybe not lambast the kids with ties to Draper because you don't immediately love what you've read in the scouting reports? Think a bit of patience with the mid/late round guys would go a long way on this board.

Draper needs to prove himself on one of these personal ties picks before people will give him any benefit of the doubt on them

it's just how it is

the Kienan Draper pick is a walking joke(21st in scoring on his USHL team as a forward in his D+1 season this year!....seriously just think about that for a minute) so he's earned a bit of skepticism for it

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Draper needs to prove himself on one of these personal ties picks before people will give him any benefit of the doubt on them

it's just how it is

the Kienan Draper pick is a walking joke(21st in scoring on his USHL team as a forward in his D+1 season this year!) so he's earned a bit of skepticism for it

Does Tyler Bertuzzi count as proving himself?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Does Tyler Bertuzzi count as proving himself?

did Draper ever coach Tyler Bertuzzi? is Tyler Bertuzzi Draper's son?

did Draper even have a scouting role at all back when Tyler Bertuzzi was drafted? that was 8 years ago and was his second season as "Special Assistant to the GM" after retiring from playing I can't imagine even if he did that he had much of a say in the Wings 2nd round pick at the time

Ed Ned and Leddy

Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
did Draper ever coach Tyler Bertuzzi? is Tyler Bertuzzi Draper's son?

did Draper even have a scouting role at all back when Tyler Bertuzzi was drafted? that was 8 years ago and was his second season as "Special Assistant to the GM" after retiring from playing I can't imagine even if he did that he had much of a say in the Wings 2nd round pick at the time

Draper was the main advocate for Tyler Bertuzzi (Tyler Bertuzzi's Red Wings origin story). He and Todd both played together for Detroit, the Bertuzzi pick was widely panned as a nepotism selection at the time.

Sure, it was eight years ago. Honestly, who is Hakan's landmark pick these past 8 years?

For what it's worth I love Andersson as much as anybody, I'm simply asking we give Kris Draper a fraction of the leeway that Hakan gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00