Prospect Info: #132 D Yegor Rykov

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Pearson is a year older than Matteau too.

I don't think Rykov will be better than Serg but he's looking way better than most of us thought.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't know the stats this year...But the majority of the players in the U20 tournament in years past have been 19 year olds...Rykov is a 1997 birth and a 19 year old.

His age in this tournament is irrelevant

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't know the stats this year...But the majority of the players in the U20 tournament in years past have been 19 year olds...Rykov is a 1997 birth and a 19 year old.

His age in this tournament is irrelevant

Now when comparing to Sergachev.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Was named Defenseman of the Tournament at Sweden part of Hockey Euro Tour. Euro Tour is a series of tournaments for Russia, Sweden, Finland and Czech national teams, consisted of players, who play in Europe, so it's not another U20 competition.

These tournaments are like training camps for WHC, so if you look good at them, there is a chance to get on a WHC roster.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Was named Defenseman of the Tournament at Sweden part of Hockey Euro Tour. Euro Tour is a series of tournaments for Russia, Sweden, Finland and Czech national teams, consisted of players, who play in Europe, so it's not another U20 competition.

These tournaments are like training camps for WHC, so if you look good at them, there is a chance to get on a WHC roster.

Absolutely in love with this pick. Top 4 upside for a 5th rounder? Yes, please.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Absolutely in love with this pick. Top 4 upside for a 5th rounder? Yes, please.

Have I mentioned how much I like Castron and how much I hope part of Shero's building plan involves getting him a lot of picks to work with?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Rykov's done everything you could ask of him since being drafted, possibly more. I am very excited about this pick.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't think this is possible.

Yea he has 2 more years left on his contract. Maybe there's a loophole in there or an out clause to get him over here earlier than that but he's still very young. As much as I want him go be here asap they really don't need to rush him IMO.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Figured this should go some where.

Kid seems to be playing well.

Assuming that's overall and not just rookies, that's insane. He's playing in the second best league in the world as a 19 (I think) year old and getting best player honors in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad