Post-Game Talk: #13| Panthers at FLYERS |Thu., Nov. 6, 2014| 7:00 p.m.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Ah, thank you, good sir. Who would've thunk having VandeVelde on the top line wouldn't work?

I think this was a determining factor, too, a post-game quote from Berube about Simmonds on the second line:

"He (Simmonds) wasn't getting the puck enough. I talked to 'Simmer' about playing left side and he said no problem.''

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I think this was a determining factor, too, a post-game quote from Berube about Simmonds on the second line:

"He (Simmonds) wasn't getting the puck enough. I talked to 'Simmer' about playing left side and he said no problem.''

that quote is awesome

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Man if we keep Simmonds - G - Jake and Schenn - Couts - Read together, this could be awesome. We're finally actually playing all top 6 forwards in top 6 spots, it's crazy. Of course the other two lines look like 4th lines, but hey, it's a transition year.

Read actually had a decent game today which is more than I can say for the rest of the season. Love MDZ's game recently too. If he can keep it up defensively, between him and Ghost we're going to be set on speedy offensive dmen.

Edit: Man, Giroux can not score though. I keep picking him to score first and his shooting percentage just keeps dropping. He's leading the league in shots and shooting 3.4%. Hope it doesn't discourage him shooting like he is.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So didnt get to see the game, but was our 3rd line Umberger-Vinny-VV ?

If so... That cant be good. Since no one has said anything about them I guess they werent bad? Line looks more like a 4th line lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Who would have thought that putting one of your scorers with two possession players was a better idea than putting him with two anchors?

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Call me crazy, but it seems to me that when certain players get mad/pissed they start to play better, after Kopecy hit Cola in the face it seemed to piss Read off and he actually played a decent game after being emotionally involved,
and of course when Roo gets mad he takes it to another level, you can see how close this team is when somebody does something stupid to one of the players they react well (the complete opposite of the Pens)
But hopefully Read gets going now, kind of like a slow starting fighter needs to get hit a couple times before he's invested in the fight

RJ8812*

I missed the game, but from what I saw, VdV wasn't on the top line, Simmonds was. How long did the stupid VdV experiment last before Berube had to change the lines (shocking)?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

If so... That cant be good. Since no one has said anything about them I guess they werent bad? Line looks more like a 4th line lol

They played the majority of the second & third periods together. It wasn't too pretty but it at least got all the dead weight away from the useful players so it was effective in that sense.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

They were terrible. Outside of Umberger getting to show off some speed (which resulted in nothing), the line did nothing but allow the other lines to rest for 40 seconds.

As a shameless VL defender, I almost want to see him play more with two of Bellemare, Rinaldo, and Akeson. He could use a good space clearer/puck retriever, and a decent passer. He doesn't have either of those in Umberger and VdV. But I'd also hate to break up that 4th line right now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad