Post-Game Talk: #13| Panthers at FLYERS |Thu., Nov. 6, 2014| 7:00 p.m.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Berube sounds like he's going to keep Simmonds on the top line LW spot. He said he needs practice to get used to it but said the line could potentially be "lethal".

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I'm surprised it took this long for B Schenn to be put in Couts' line. It actually seemed too obvious.

I continue to be surprised by MDZ. At the very least, Hexy's gotta be thinking about extending this guy.

MadFerIt95*

Ive been impressed with Rinaldo's play. His puck handling seems to be better and is doing a better job at staying out of the box. If he can continue playing like this Id love having him on the fourth line. Him and Bellemare were awesome tonight

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Ive been impressed with Rinaldo's play. His puck handling seems to be better and is doing a better job at staying out of the box. If he can continue playing like this Id love having him on the fourth line. Him and Bellemare were awesome tonight

Him paired with 2 other guys with some offense actually suits him very well. Hope he keeps that 4 th line together for a bit.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014

Bellemare makes anyone who he plays with better.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Berube sounds like he's going to keep Simmonds on the top line LW spot. He said he needs practice to get used to it but said the line could potentially be "lethal".

But I didn't hear anything about Simmonds practicing on the LW in the last two days? :laugh:

Whatever, it was a great win.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
But I didn't hear anything about Simmonds practicing on the LW in the last two days? :laugh:

Whatever, it was a great win.

Great few weeks by Del Zotto after a horrible pre season. Bellamare is a keeper and will move up the lineup if he can play wing. Really impressed with Ekblad he looked great for an 18yr old. tough headsy player with great instincts in both ends. Were going to hate him lol

AFTeRMaTH*

I have been asking for Simmonds on the top LW for 2 years now. Gonna say a prayer tonight that Berube actually keeps him there lol jk. And Schenn and Couturier looked pretty good together, I would like to see that again.

Simmonds - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Couturier - Read
Umberger - Lecavalier - Akeson
Vandevelde - Bellemare - Rinaldo

I wish we could move Bellemare up but who will play center on 4th line.

Also, I really like how our defense played tonight. I kind of hope we can keep Schultz/Cola/MDZ when Coburn and MacDonald come back, that is if they keep playing the way they are currently.

Maybe
Coburn
Streit
MacDonald
Schenn
MDZ
Schultz
Cola

Hopefully trade Grossmann......

Good win tonight and fun game to watch!

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I pvr d Jets and Pens , Kane fought depres and dropped him and then threw the hands in the air to punp up crowd. He would be a superstar here.

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
Great few weeks by Del Zotto after a horrible pre season. Bellamare is a keeper and will move up the lineup if he can play wing. Really impressed with Ekblad he looked great for an 18yr old. tough headsy player with great instincts in both ends. Were going to hate him lol

I missed the first half of the game, but MDZ looked pretty amazing from what I was able to watch.

I'd love to know what Hexy offered for Ekblad. It was most likely '14 and '15 first rounders plus a roster player and a prospect.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
At one point in the game, Steve Coates mentioned Simmonds in a slight criticism down low and Tim Saunders responded with "but someone has to get him the puck..."

Berube on Simmonds to top line: "He wasn't getting the puck enough. I talked to 'Simmer' about playing left side and he said no problem.''

No double-take by Simmonds on move to left: "If he (Berube) tells you to go out and play with 'G' and Jake. . .I'm getting on the ice.''

Voracek on Simmonds moving to left side: "For playing on the left side, which is a huge adjustment, I think he did a very good job.''

Source: Wayne Fish (the quoted material)

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA

yes that would be awesome. cant wait to see that.

just finished watching game and cant get over mdz and peb! what amazing pickups.

starting to see that advertised shot from bellemare and del zotto honestly is smart,
talented and most importantly working his ass off. both got sweet goals tonite.

hope g starts getting some luck he deserves it.

voracek looks like he can do what he wants when he wants.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I missed the 3rd period, and will watch it later. But kudos to B. Schenn for coming alive when teamed with God Couts so far. I'm really hoping they can develop a nice rhythm together. Now we just need Read to remember that he's actually quite excellent.

Also, PEB is looking like kind of a beast. It's awesome to have a 4th line that contributes. Unfortunately we are stuck with one line, centered by he who shall not be named, that will forever haunt us this season.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
It seems we have stumbled ass backwards into some...dare I say - good - defenseman. MDZ is killing it. Colaiacovo looks very solid. Schultz too. Bravo Hexy!! Bravo!!

BTW, Schultz has as many points as Umberger and in 1 less game. UGH!

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
What the heck. I miss the last two games because of work, and they win both 4-1. I should stop watching the Flyers if this means we continue to win!

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Seriously...Simmonds, G and Jake. I think everyone has thought of this over the last couple years. people that i work with always come up and talk hockey with me in the morning and everyone of them at some point has suggested Simmonds on the top line.

It just seems like the best thing to do. You have your three best players on the same line.

Our D really isn't bad at this point, i know its florida but for the last few games they have looked pretty solid.

For all the hate Grossmann has been getting, he has definitely improved his skating and offensive side this year.

Edit: Oh and the Simmonds, Umberger, Vinny line...what in the hell did he do to deserve that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad