Proposal: #13 Overall for Spencer Knight

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
By all means, Askarov could be NHL ready before Knight even plays against professionals in the AHL. Why wouldn't Carolina just take Askarov?

Reactions: DaveG

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
There was no guarantee Bob was signing with Florida, I would say it was BPA and precaution
You don't make Goalies in a microwave, you make them in a crock pot. I would NEVER use a high pick on a goalie. By the time he's ready to start, you will be lucky if you still have a job.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Interesting proposal. I like how there is a logic for both teams.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You don't make Goalies in a microwave, you make them in a crock pot. I would NEVER use a high pick on a goalie. By the time he's ready to start, you will be lucky if you still have a job.

Digging through the goalie bargain bin year after year is so much better eh. When you got a goalie vs when you don't? Perception is different

Reactions: Dr Quincy

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
So Florida trades a goalie prospect, to then draft another goalies prospect, when they in fact have Bobrovsky signed for 6 more years.

yeah, makes a TON of sense...

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
If Florida wants to move Knight then Detroit should be very interested.

To Florida:
4th overall and the Oilers 2nd round pick.

To Detroit:
Knight and Florida's 1st round pick (I think it's 12th)

Assuming of course that Stutzle and Byfield are gone at 4.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Florida wants to move Knight then Detroit should be very interested.

To Florida:
4th overall and the Oilers 2nd round pick.

To Detroit:
Knight and Florida's 1st round pick (I think it's 12th)

Assuming of course that Stutzle and Byfield are gone at 4.

Why not just trade back a couple spots to #8-10, acquire some assets and then draft Askarov?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Isn't that a massive waste ? Trade a great goalie prospect to pick another one . Reminds me of what the Isles did under Milbury when they traded Luongo to pick DiPietro and have him be the franchise goalie .

well when you put it that way.....

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I don't know what Florida is doing in net. Why pick Knight if you're committing long to Bob? Now you want to scrap the kid you picked and do it over again? Jesus man. Pick a road and drive on it.

This was more the way I'd been mentally kicking around this sort of trade for the past week or so. FL is pretty much locked into Bob at this point, better or worse. He's not moveable so they need to hope he returns to form next season.

Moving Knight for a pick (or pick+) gives them provides additional opportunities to improve the team in front of Bob and hope better that revitalizes his play.

I assumed the Panthers would definitely not be taking Askarov; in my head, this made more sense for the Canes if in fact if the goalie was their guy coming into the draft and then someone snagged Askarov early.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Who ahead of you is taking Askarov? He has a higher ceiling than Knight so just draft him

Someone in 10-12 range could possibly trade back if someone wanted to move up for Askarov knowing Carolina is a real threat to take him at 13

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The way Bob has been playing with the Panthers there's a decent chance Bob is going to be Knights backup in a couple of years.
The way Florida defense is playing it’s likely Spencer Knight will quickly be declared a bust playing for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad