GDT: #13|New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburgh Penguins|Fill-in for Lirit|7:30PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Haven't we tried Jeffrey there already before?

ya, and he looked good there. Boychuk is getting more chances, but he's getting them at the expense of Geno and Neal's chances because they have to do the board work that we want that 3rd wheel to be doing. That's why I like the idea of Cooke though.

Would Boychuk - Sutter - TK be too small? Probably. They'd buzz all over though :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Is he physical or defensive-minded enough to play on one of the bottom 2 lines?

yes he is. If TK can play on the third line, I don't think being particularly physical or defensive-minded is required. It is not against the rules to have some actual skill on the 4th line either. He works very well with Vitale; who isn't completely devoid of offensive ability despite what it looks like playing with Glass and Adams. I love our bottom 6, but I'd give Tangradi a shot in Adams' spot. He'd be a good number 13 who can step in when needed. The same could be said for Jeffrey as well. I don't see how we'd get both in at the same time though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think the insane quality of the GDT's intimidates those who don't have those kind of photoshop skills.
Honestly, I have no background in computers, no artistic skills, and don't even use photoshop. :laugh: I don't even care if people use paint or just simple words. It's all your own take on it. Plus all of us can help too!

IF anyone wants to join up, shoot me a PM. I"ll help out. :)

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
yes he is. If TK can play on the third line, I don't think being particularly physical or defensive-minded is required. It is not against the rules to have some actual skill on the 4th line either. He works very well with Vitale; who isn't completely devoid of offensive ability despite what it looks like playing with Glass and Adams. I love our bottom 6, but I'd give Tangradi a shot in Adams' spot. He'd be a good number 13 who can step in when needed. The same could be said for Jeffrey as well. I don't see how we'd get both in at the same time though.

The thing is, would Tangradi being content with merely being a 13th forward?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Honestly, I have no background in computers, no artistic skills, and don't even use photoshop. :laugh: I don't even care if people use paint or just simple words. It's all your own take on it. Plus all of us can help too!

IF anyone wants to join up, shoot me a PM. I"ll help out. :)
if you're looking for people later in the year I might give it a shot. Right now I just need to get my stuff together with the new job and new state.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I really just want to bring these Devil fans back down to earth after yesterday's joke of a game. Here's to hoping the refs put their whistles away and actually let the guys play the game.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The thing is, would Tangradi being content with merely being a 13th forward?

1. I meant Adams as 13th forward.
2. I don't think either has much say at this point. One is looking to stick in the league and the other has to know he's fighting to keep his spot in the league.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Honestly, I'd like to see a top six of

Kunitz-Crosby-Malkin
Neal-Sutter-Dupuis

more often during games.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I need to sign up for some GDTs again this year...I'm trying to get some ideas for things to do for the teams/games that are left and struggling. I suppose I can just do some of my standard ones, but after doing the last 2 I did, I feel like I've got to go over the top now.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
My brother & his GF are going as well.

I think the insane quality of the GDT's intimidates those who don't have those kind of photoshop skills.

We can help those that need it provided they hit us up early enough.

I would have done this one if Mine wasn't next. Trying to work out the kinks, get things right. New ideas pop in my head as I go along.:laugh:

Anyone heard official lineups for tonight yet?

Nothing about lines.

MORNING SKATE INFO
The Pens held an optional morning skate. Players that participated were forwards Jeffrey, Tangradi, Vitale, Adams, Boychuk, Glass, Kennedy and Sutter, defensemen Niskanen, Engelland, Bortuzzo, Reese, Orpik and Despres and goalies Fleury and Vokoun.

Niskanen-600x200-4-15.jpg

Niskanen has been skating on his own the past few days. He joined his teammates for practice for the first time today. He's been out of the lineup since Jan. 27 with a lower-body injury.

--Sam Kasan

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Just parked. Am going to walk over now. The refs owe us some makeup calls and I plan on reminding them.

As for Boychuk it really is an easy call. He shows everything you want to see eccept the goal rewardsfor the effort. It definately reminds me of how Neal played well when coming over but was snake bit. The rregular season is meamingless. We have very little as far as forwatds in the system. Carry him the year if need be to make sure if ge deserves a place on the team or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad