|
new
|
25.4​

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I find it hilarious that Pollock gets love for being a 2nd round pick but Elie gets hate. Neither should be above Stransky.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I find it hilarious that Pollock gets love for being a 2nd round pick but Elie gets hate. Neither should be above Stransky.

They're different players. Pollock has a higher ceiling, but you could say Elie has a better chance of being a NHL player.

I honestly don't ever see Stransky being a NHL player, but that's just me. He does have amazing puck skills though

Pollock to me is another Dickinson. After this season I think lots of us will be talking more about him.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Dagnabbit I knew I forgot all 2nd round picks were created equal. Shoot I sure hope we get to redo all the voting now that we know draft position matters ... and clearly age makes you better because your a year older.

:sarcasm:

Let's ignore the fact that as a 17/18 year old on one of the best teams in their league one of them shined and forced himself into a Top 6 role on his way to a Memorial Cup win and the other found himself traded to one of the worst teams in his league where he could finally get some decent minutes.

Plus ... I think we would sort of say London wasn't nearly as good as everyone thought.

So yes it's an easy decision for me ... and a pretty obvious one ... that one guys has already done significantly better in his short career and shown some pretty high end upside.

Sort of off topic but thank you Bluesoma so, so much... I bought in to Hockey Streams and have been watching the EDM/POR series and even a Honka game the last two days. Pollock has been a blast to watch. I'm selfishly pulling for Honka to return to Swift Current because I'll be able to watch him.

Getting to see Pollock in the playoffs though makes me agree that he has Dickinson upside. I'm still going to try and catch an Elie game, and I'm really pleased at what he's done. Flashy stats on a bad team, same with Ully, are never going to be as impressive to me as a guy forcing his way up a top notch lineup. Playing a key role on a championship team matters.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011

Ya Elie really has gotten the short end of the stick, what was he a ppg player on a terrible Belleville team. Stars have done really well with their 2nd round players, sucks they wont have one in the 2015 draft.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I'm just going to throw out there that I don't understand knocking someone voting for McKenzie at this point. Call it leeching off linemates, being an old prospect, or whatever. In terms of when he can/will make an impact on the NHL team McKenzie is above virtually every single prospect left on the board. He also has a better AHL season to his name than any other prospect.

Not everybody makes their list with absolute top end potential in mind, even though the vast majority here seem to value ceiling above all else.

MetalGodAOD*

I haven't seen anyone knocking people for voting for CM, more people not understanding why others aren't.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Just noticed Haydon isn't on the list. He probably won't crack the top 20 anyways, but I'd take him above some of the guys on the list.

Was trying to pick my last 7 guys. Assuming Pollock wins this round, I'd probably go with in no order, Elie, Mckenzie, Stransky, hansson, troock, Smith and either Glennie or Lindell

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I'm just going to throw out there that I don't understand knocking someone voting for McKenzie at this point. Call it leeching off linemates, being an old prospect, or whatever. In terms of when he can/will make an impact on the NHL team McKenzie is above virtually every single prospect left on the board. He also has a better AHL season to his name than any other prospect.

Not everybody makes their list with absolute top end potential in mind, even though the vast majority here seem to value ceiling above all else.

If people valued ceiling above all else Honka would have probably been first.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Not sure why it would be. Both have similar potential, while one is much further along in his development. Pretty clear win for McKenzie there.

If they had similar potential Elie would be a nonprospect. As prospects get older their potential naturally declines until it finally matches up with their current ability and then that starts to decline. That's the way I always saw it, anyway.

Re: McKenzie

I think you have to be either fast or smart to make an impact in the NHL. I've liked what I've seen from McKenzie in the AHL this year. I used to think of him as purely a grinder but he's shown that he has some skill and a pretty good shot. I just predict he'll have trouble physically getting to where he needs to be on the ice at the speed the NHL demands. Elie all the way for me.

Last edited:

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
If they had similar potential Elie would be a nonprospect. As prospects get older their potential naturally declines until it finally matches up with their current ability and then that starts to decline. That's the way I always saw it, anyway.

Fine, then they have about the same potential ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino